We are looking for five (5) enthusiastic, self-motivated law clerks to work within a number of our core practice teams including (Commercial Litigation, Corporate and Infrastructure & Projects).
What we offer?
Rather than a short lived summer clerkship, we offer our clerks a two year program that may lead to a graduate position. Clerks work two days per week commencing from their penultimate year of study through to graduation. Our clerks progress quicker because of this ongoing experience.
We know that flexibility is key, so you get to choose the days you work each semester depending on your university timetable. We understand that as a student, you may have other commitments that require time away from work such as exams or exchange programs. Our range of leave policies allows you to apply for time off when you need it.
We pride ourselves on offering real work, real experience and real opportunity. Providing our clerks with the opportunity to participate in real legal work is important for their engagement and development. We don't recruit law clerks to become additional administrative assistants, but rather to offer real legal support to our lawyers and partners. You will be kept busy with legal research, drafting and attending court.
Reporting into leading industry Partners, key responsibilities include:
- Gathering and analysing information while identifying legal issues and risks
- Drafting emails, correspondence and legal documentation
- Legal research
- Reviewing legal documents
- Providing general legal assistance to fee earners in the group
- Assisting with business development initiatives
- Excellent research skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to draft basic correspondence
- Exceptional organisation skills, time management and attention to detail
- An ability to use initiative and liaise confidently with partners and fee earners
- An ability to digest instructions quickly and produce results
- An enthusiastic and proactive approach
- Team player
- Excellence - striving for performance excellence in everything we do.
- Teamwork - harnessing collaboration and teamwork to achieve our objectives.
- Respect - respecting each other and our clients.
- Knowledge - learning, sharing knowledge and encouraging clear, strong communication.
- Innovation - creating innovative legal solutions for our clients and industry-leading internal systems.