Not sure where to begin tackling environmental issues and social inequalities? We reckon that amongst local developing communities in our own backyard is a great place to start. Opportunities to gain work experience in rural areas of Australia, while also working to shape long-term positive change are a bit of a rarity, and one definitely worth checking out.
On the Australian Impact Program, you’ll be learning and applying a breadth of social enterprise skills alongside some of the best entrepreneurs in the tech and start-up space. A taste of real consulting experience you won’t find anywhere else in Australia, you’ll be working to create long-term and exponential social impact for rural communities in Northern Australia. Across 12 days you’ll be upskilling with a combination of both online and hands-on experiential learning alongside a team of other top, change-driving students, taking on challenges from food insecurity to AI-driven wildlife protection, to affordable solutions for the vision-impaired.
Gaining industry experience within this rural Australian context can be hard to come by, especially for social business and exponential technologies. Therefore, this experience is not only an opportunity to create sustainable, positive change where you might not otherwise get the opportunity but is guaranteed to differentiate you from other graduates. As a certified social enterprise and B Corp, we pride ourselves on being experts in sustainability, positive impact, and shaping the most career-ready, desired future leaders.
Why should I apply?
- Set yourself apart from other future graduates with your unmatched industry experience. From leadership, to complex problem-solving, our Australian Impact Program will allow you to build essential project and people management skills and challenge you beyond the scope of your degree. You’ll be set up with some impressive professional experience and the workplace essential skillset to match.
- Be a pioneer for long-term social change in Australia. Connecting young change-makers and technology partners you will be testing social enterprise solutions in real world, Australian contexts at the very early stages. This is an opportunity to deeply understand our own developing communities and implement cutting-edge impact solutions on our own shore.
- Collaborating directly with local communities and stakeholders. To ensure that we’re creating genuine, tailored, and needed solutions that provide real benefit we work closely with those who are at the centre of the issues needing to be solved. You could be running interviews and engaging with local communities one day, and attending meetings with government officials, NGOs or startups the next, meaning every day is totally unique.
- Build your skills and your professional network. Including talented, entrepreneurial students from around the world, to the CEOs of social enterprises and tech companies, you’ll get an insight into the world of sustainable social development while building valuable networks within the industry.
- A unique experience for an innovative future career. This is an opportunity that will not only arm you with critical skills in consulting, emotional intelligence, complex problem solving, and teamwork, but it’s an experience that will challenge your ideas of what you’re capable of and what your future career could be like….this we guarantee.
Projects you could be working on:
No matter which program, whether you are tackling issues relating to environmental sustainability, economic empowerment through access to optical solutions or looking to improve the agricultural supply chain, this is an opportunity to create long-term sustainable solutions that have a meaningful social impact in Australia:
- Agricultural Data Consulting – Working alongside DArT and their state of the art technology, collaborate directly with local farmers to address underlying issues of food security and sustainable agriculture, while gaining valuable transferable skills within the space of data consulting.
- Ophthalmology and Optical Solutions – In collaboration with the passionate team at 4Ize, gain an insight into how innovative optical solutions can empower rural Australian communities and how you can be a part of increasing access and affordability of healthcare within communities that need it most.
- AI-driven Environmental Protection – Be entrusted to research, product test, consult and protect a uniquely important project, alongside our partners who manufacture and install AI technology to identify and locate poachers in national partners across Africa and explore opportunities within new environments.
But before you think about applying…
Please note, that this kind of internship isn’t for everyone, and we won’t pretend that collaborating to build a successful social enterprise isn’t an inherently challenging experience. If you are committed to helping shape a positive and sustainable Australian impact, then we want to hear from you. We are seeking passionate and socially minded applicants with the courage to step out of their comfort zone and the persistence to thrive in the challenges of positive social development and grassroots entrepreneurship.
*Please be aware this is not a paid role. It is a fee-paying program, and there is no guarantee of employment upon completion of your internship.
- Job type:Internships
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- Level 3 1 Buckingham Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010, AustraliaLocations:
Canberra, Sydney, Darwin,...
- Closing Date:31st Aug 2020, 1:59 pm