Achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals doesn’t have to involve jumping on a plane or being physically alongside developing communities...through the Virtual Impact Program you can do all this while also building a set of irresistible grad-ready skills and consulting experience, all from the comfort of your own home.
On the Virtual Impact Program, Project Everest Ventures have teamed up with leading industry experts, experienced social entrepreneurs, impact partner organisations and the B Corporation community to create a virtual social enterprise experience guaranteed to be an experience you won’t get anywhere else. Much more than just a few clicks of a mouse, on this virtual internship you’ll be collaborating within a team of top students to tackle a real-life consulting project for a global social enterprise or tech company.
Through this unique online experience you’ll secure practical skills that top-recruiters deem not just important, but essential, alongside a huge range of additional value you won’t find anywhere else, while learning and applying entrepreneurship to empower the developing world
Like our industry impact partners, we share a vision to create long-term, sustainable impact solutions with innovative strategies guaranteed to drive global change. As a certified social enterprise and B Corp, we pride ourselves on being experts in sustainability, positive impact, and shaping the most career-ready, desired future leaders.
Why should I apply?
- Masterclasses and career-enhancing workshops by leading industry experts. By the end of this virtual internship, you won’t just know what social entrepreneurship is, but how to apply it, creating real social change and becoming a pioneer in impact consulting. Along with the exclusive opportunity to network with emerging leaders and professionals in the industry, this will be your foot in the door and the boost above other uni graduates you’ve been looking for.
- Join a team of top-students from across the globe. Virtually connect and collaborate with like-minded, passionate students, enabling you to work in a mulit-disciplinary team to create innovative solutions and global connections.
- Tailor your learning and access transferable credit in the process*. Upskill from a range of bonus electives to shape your own professional development, ranging from Measuring Impact and Development to Climate Change, Green Energy and Human Resistance, all with the added bonus of being able to contribute the experience towards your degree.
- Engage with developing communities virtually. The digital world is opening up a world of incredible opportunities to connect, and this is one of them. You’ll be engaging with our international staff, local partners and field guides to increase your understanding of real market opportunities and ensure your work is on track for shaping genuine, relevant impact.
- Receive a foundational certificate in social impact consulting. Your new skills, leadership abilities and knowledge in the social consulting space will speak for themselves, but to really flex your professional experience you can use this foundational certificate to make your resume or LinkedIn a real standout.
Projects you could be working on:
We believe in the power and potential uni students hold in shaping the changing world around them, which is why we connect young change-makers to our impact partners to create meaningful social development. Some of the projects you could be working on include:
- B Clinics - B Corp businesses are the leaders in social and environmental impact; on this project you’ll be consulting for a company leading the charge for business alongside profit, helping them to shape the future of their sustainable practice, elevating their impact even further.
- Agricultural Data Consulting - Tackling the issue of food security takes more than the farming process itself. Working alongside our impact partner and their state of the art ag-tech, you’ll be exploring the behind the scenes of sustainable permaculture, genotyping and the agricultural supply chain, all while gaining valuable transferable skills within the space of data consulting.
- Ophthalmology & Optical Solutions - In collaboration with the passionate team at 4Ize, gain an insight into how innovative optical solutions can empower remote communities and how you can be a part of increasing access and affordability of healthcare within communities that need it most.
But before you think about applying…
Please note, that this kind of internship isn’t for everyone, and we won’t pretend that virtually collaborating to build a successful social enterprise isn’t an inherently challenging experience. If you are committed to helping shape a positive and sustainable impact, then we want to hear from you. We are seeking passionate and socially minded applicants with the courage to step out of their comfort zone and the persistence to thrive in the challenges of positive social development and grassroots entrepreneurship.
*Please be aware this is not a paid role. It is a fee-paying program, and there is no guarantee of employment upon completion of your internship. Credit availability will depend on your individual circumstances.
- Job type:Internships
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- Level 3 1 Buckingham Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010, AustraliaLocations:
Canberra, Sydney, Darwin,...
- Closing Date:31st Aug 2020, 1:59 pm