The personal safety of our interns and the safety of the communities we work with is of huge importance to us, and all our decision-making around how we’re driving change in the face of such uncertainty is being done with this in mind. The Global Impact Program for Summer 2020-2021 are currently on hold until we can return to safe international travel. However, we are still taking expressions of interest for July 2021, and applications for our other Impact Programs.
Looking for the chance to travel overseas, build unmatched career-ready skills and make a real impact in the world? When it comes to solving the biggest global challenges today, from environmental sustainability to alleviating poverty, we don't believe in doing what's always been done before. This is real work experience done differently.
On the Global Impact Program, you’ll be applying social entrepreneurship to making a global impact; implementing tailored business-based solutions to empower developing communities and achieve the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. For 4, 8 or 12 weeks, you’ll travel overseas with a multi-disciplinary team of other passionate students from around the world, and work on developing one of our innovative impact projects.
Industry experience in this unique environment exposes you to challenges and opportunities that are guaranteed differentiate you from other graduates - all whilst you make a very real, long-term impact. As a certified social enterprise and B Corp, we pride ourselves on being experts in sustainability, international impact, and shaping the most career-ready emerging leaders.
Why should I apply?
- Differentiate yourself from other graduates. You’ll not only be applying the skills from your degree to a unique context, you’ll also be gaining experience that is beyond the scope of your discipline. This program will have you saying yes to experience in the start-up space, international development, consulting, social entrepreneurship, leadership and human-centred design practices... and you haven’t even graduated yet.
- You will be achieving a sustainable impact. All our projects are focused upon building long-term social change, and you'll be part of building a product or service that is needed, wanted and accessible so that it can be rolled out in communities and change lives for the better.
- You’ll be engaging directly with the local community. In order to ensure our ventures are providing genuine impact and solving real issues, we work closely with members of the local community. You could be involved in running workshops and focus groups, prototyping and feedback sessions, conducting surveys and interviewing, or distributing the socially beneficial products and services...or all of the above!
- Every day is different. Depending on what stage your project is at during your program, you could be doing a completely different activity each day. If you’re interviewing a market vendor one day, you could be meeting with the Minister for Agriculture the next, giving you a breadth of industry exposure.
- Kickstart a career that’s both meaningful and successful. Graduate employers are drawn to students with this kind of experience, so whilst you’re doing purpose-driven work experience, you’ll also be learning the critical industry skills that will enable you to make change within your future career too.
Projects you could be working on:
Regardless of the country or project you’re working on, we can guarantee that you’ll be developing a solution that provides real, long-term benefit and works towards solving the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. These are just a few of our innovative impact projects you could be working on:
- Solar Consulting & Energy Infrastructure aims to get reliable, clean, and off-the-grid alternative energy solutions into households and businesses, providing environmental, financial and economic benefits for all.
- Social Consulting and Microfinance focuses on removing barriers to affordable financial and business advice, coupled with access to micro-loans to accelerate local businesses and access to economic empowerment amongst local communities.
- Female Hygiene and Sanitation seeks to empower women and girls in a myriad of ways through access to reusable sanitation products and education about safe menstruation.
But before you think about applying…
Please note, that this kind of program isn’t for everyone, and we won’t pretend that building social enterprises isn’t an inherently challenging experience. If you are committed to helping shape a positive and sustainable global impact, then we want to hear from you. We are seeking passionate and socially minded applicants with the courage to step out of their comfort zone and the persistence to thrive in the challenges of international development and grassroots entrepreneurship.
*Please be aware this is not a paid role. There are fees associated with this program, and there is no guarantee of employment upon completion of your program.
- Job type:Internships
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Level 3 1 Buckingham Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010, AustraliaLocations:
Canberra, Sydney, Darwin,...
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2020, 1:59 pm