QIC is a leading long-term specialist manager in alternatives with a focus on infrastructure, real estate and private capital. We also specialise in liquid market solutions, providing multi-asset portfolios, liquid alternatives, active fixed interest and tailored overlays for our clients. We’re high-performing and care about our clients, our colleagues and society at large. Headquartered in Brisbane, QIC is one of the largest institutional investment managers in Australia with over 800 employees across Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London and Copenhagen.
Life at QIC
QIC values and embraces differences and is committed to building an inclusive culture as we know our people do their best when they bring their whole self to work. Our commitment is represented through initiatives including our Reconciliation Action Plan and employee-led diversity networks promoting LGBTI, young professionals and gender equality. The wellbeing of our employees is at our core. We support your personal development, family and interests while empowering flexibility through initiatives such as; fitness reimbursements, recharge leave, study assistance and generous parental leave. At QIC, we know flexibility means something different to everyone; talk to us about what flexibility means to you. For more information on benefits to support your QIC career journey please visit our career page.
About the Role
QIC’s high performing Global Liquid Strategies team has a 3-day week casual opportunity for an Analyst to join the team.
Reporting to the Senior Portfolio Manager, Overlay Solutions your role will be to provide day to day support for the Overlays team and be responsible for assisting in the portfolio management of our Option, Equity, Commodities, Fixed Income and Credit Overlay mandates. You will also be responsible for:
- Managing daily processes required to ensure rebalancing of client mandates, cashflow management and dissemination of risk and exposure inputs
- Contributing to specified research/strategy and/or risk management projects/tasks that contribute to the team’s continuous learning and ongoing evolution
- Data analysis and financial modelling (excel skills are essential and coding knowledge would be highly desirable)
- Assistance with client reporting and client presentations as required (power point skills desirable)
- Involvement in projects and initiatives being led by the LMG team with a focus on improving operational efficiency and productivity gains in risk management and portfolio reporting
- Liaising with key stakeholders, both internal and external, to achieve required outcomes.
You will have knowledge and understanding of financial markets fundamentals and risk factors that drive investment outcomes for clients. You will be studying or have graduate level qualifications in economics, finance, commerce, actuarial or another relevant field. You may be planning or have commenced CFA studies or other relevant studies in future. You will also have the following attributes:
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- Proficiency in database, quantitative, excel and/or modelling skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management and organisation skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- A strong team player approach and the desire to assist others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pro-active and hard-working mentality
- Foreign language skills are ideal but not essential
- Ideally in final or penultimate year of graduate studies in Economics/Finance related discipline
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:22nd Nov 2021, 12:59 pm