Nursing and midwifery are exciting careers with a vast range of opportunities, both for the individual and for the health care system. The graduate roles increase capacity within the health system and contribute to the development of a sustainable Queensland nursing and midwifery workforce.
From large technologically advanced tertiary hospitals in our metropolitan and regional cities, to community health centres servicing rural, remote and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, we offer exciting career pathways and employment opportunities for nurses and midwives.
Queensland Health is working to strengthen its nursing and midwifery workforce and ensuring graduates have supported employment opportunities. Queensland Health encourages students to consider options outside south east Queensland to increase employment opportunities by making broad geographical preferences. Opportunities exist for graduates, extending to a wide range of clinical areas and geographical locations, including rural and remote health services. Some programs are ward-based, while others are rotations which may be through several wards in a single facility or in rural Hospital and Health Services (HHSs) that may cover a range of facilities.
Who is eligible?
To apply to the Queensland Health 2020 graduate registered nurse and midwife recruitment, you must:
- have completed your first university undergraduate nursing or midwifery course within the past TWO years – that is, between November 2017 and July 2019 – or be due to complete your course by March 2020.
- be eligible to apply for Nursing or Midwifery registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- meet the requirements of documentation and identity checks required by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA).
- not have worked as a registered nurse or midwife for more than six months full time equivalent.
For further information:
Please contact the Queensland Health Graduate Nursing and Midwifery Portal Team via [email protected] or (07) 3328 9240.
Students who are applying to the Gold Coast University Hospital Midwifery Graduate Program must have completed a midwifery clinical placement at Gold Coast University Hospital, however, first people’s applicants who did not complete a clinical placement at Gold Coast University Hospital but live within the Gold Coast catchment area may apply.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Government, Health Services, Nursing
Australian Working Visa, Australian Student...
- Closing Date:23rd Aug 2019, 7:00 am