We are offering a two year graduate program which would see you rotating through key business groups within our Major Projects Integration team. It is proposed that this opportunity would commence on a fulltime basis late this year. So if you have recently graduated or on track to graduate shortly this is the opportunity for you. Our Major Projects Integration team are responsible for delivering Cross River Rail and the European Train Control system which will transform the way we operate. Learn more about CRR here!
Through your business rotations you will overcome real life challenges and take on meaningful assignments. Your rotations will expose you to a mega multi-disciplinary infrastructure project which will play a critical role in growing our economy and delivering a more reliable transport network for Queenslanders.
Our two year Major Projects Graduate Engineering Program is designed for emerging professional Engineers who know they want to pursue a career in rail and want to know everything about it! This program is designed to help you understand where your skills fit within the different roles that we offer. Throughout your two years as a grad we will partner you with an excellent graduate mentor who will support and guide you. You’ll also participate in our soft skills program, internal networking days with guest speakers, regular site tours + coffee catch ups with executives, volunteering opportunities and access to a graduate development coordinator.
So, why work for us?
- We believe in investing in our people and encouraging their individual passions. Your individual contributions, knowledge and skills will be valued and differences respected and encouraged.
- It’s a great time to be a Queensland Rail Employee. As we look towards the future, we are open to innovation and new ways of doing things – we are challenging ourselves to do better and we want Graduates who are passionate about continuous improvement.
- Do meaningful work. As a Queensland Rail graduate you will get to put your skills and knowledge to the test whilst working on one of the largest transport projects in QLD - trust us when we say, you won’t be pushing paper!
- We want to prepare you for the future: Which is why we can offer you up to 17.5% superannuation. We want you to become leaders in your own right, through our soft skills program we’ll give you the skills to get you started.
- Diversity of thought: We know the challenge to manage the delivery of the project will come with the requirement to have a team who can resolve issues and problem solve through diversified thought.
Enough about us! About you:
- Degree: You must have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Civil Engineering,
- Think Differently: We want your unique perspective, strong problem solving skills and innovative skills as we rise to meet our future business demands.
- Resilience: It’s important to have a strong sense of resilience as this role can be challenging at times, and a sense of humour to laugh when things are not too serious. You will enjoy working in a progressive and innovative team, invested in supporting your career growth.
Graduate Engineers with Queensland Rail commence on a salary of approximately $66,094.00 + Superannuation. This salary is reviewed annually based on performance. Other benefits include leave loading, paid parental leave, flexible working opportunities, scheduled pay increases and free rail travel when travelling to and from work on the Citytrain network.
Applications for Graduate Engineer positions close on Thursday the 1st of October at 5pm from here we will commence shortlisting based on the above criteria. Our process will then involve video screening and panel interviews. Apply to position number 78358 via our website. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by Thursday the 1st of October 5pm
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please email via [email protected] with your specific enquiry. Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.
To learn more about Queensland Rail in general be sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Queensland Rail embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- 305 Edward Street, Brisbane QLD 4000Locations:
- Closing Date:1st Oct 2020, 7:00 am