Here at Queensland Rail, we believe in investing in our Graduates, our aim is to support and grow you as an individual to help your career in rail get off to the best possible start. Our Graduate Program has seen us voted as one of the Top 75 Graduate Employers in Australia. We provide our graduates the opportunity to work with various teams on a rotational basis within your chosen field of Engineering, ensuring that when the time comes, you can make the right decision about the direction of your career. As an Electrical Engineer there will be opportunities within our Signalling, Operational Systems Engineering and Traction/High Voltage Engineering areas.
Our graduate program commences in February 2022 however we’ve invested in your journey long after you’ve been offered a role -during your two years as a grad we will partner you with an excellent graduate mentor who will support and guide you. You’ll also participate in our Essential Skills program, internal networking days with internal guest speakers, regular site tours + coffee catch ups with executives, volunteering opportunities and access to a graduate development coordinator.
So, why work for us?
We believe in investing in our people and encouraging their individual passions. You will partner with inspiring mentors, take up professional and personal development opportunities whilst gaining exposure to a diverse range of roles and business areas.
It’s a great time to be a Queensland Rail Employee. As we look towards the future, we are open to innovation and new ways of doing things – we are challenging ourselves to do better and we want Graduates who are passionate about continuous improvement.
Do meaningful work. As a Queensland Rail graduate you will get to put your skills and knowledge to the test in a safe, supportive and professional environment. You will rotate through various areas in our business and trust us when we say, you won’t be pushing paper!
Travel. We provide services throughout Queensland and we want our Graduates to experience just how much of Queensland we connect. As a Graduate you’ll have the opportunity to travel and learn across multiple project sites across Queensland.
We want to prepare you for the future. We want you to become leaders in your own right, through our Essential Skills program we’ll give you the skills to get you started.
Enough about us! About you:
- Degree: You must have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering or Software Engineering. You must have completed your degree by January 2022. Electrical Engineers can choose to go into either Signalling, Traction Power or Operational Systems Engineering.
- Customer Focused: You will be community and customer focused person who believes in putting their best foot forward every day.
- Think Differently: We want your unique perspective, strong problem solving skills and innovative skills as we rise to meet our future business demands.
- Flexible and Adaptable: No two days are the same here at Queensland Rail, you will need to be adaptable, resourceful and open to constant change.
- Graduate Electrical Engineers with Queensland Rail commence on a salary of approximately $66,094.63 + Superannuation. This salary is reviewed annually based on performance. Other benefits include leave loading, flexible working opportunities, scheduled pay increases and free rail travel when travelling to and from work on the Citytrain network.
Applications for Graduate Engineer positions close on Tuesday the 4th of May 2021 at 12pm. From here we will commence shortlisting. Our process will then involve video screening, assessment centres and panel interviews.
If this position interests you and you feel you have the knowledge and experience please apply to Graduate Electrical Engineer (886) via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience by 11:59pm Wednesday the 5th of May 2021.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Electrical, Transport
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- 305 Edward Street, Brisbane QLD 4000Locations:
- Program Duration
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2022 (approx)
- Closing Date:5th May 2021, 2:00 am