Here at Queensland Rail, we believe in investing in our Graduates, our aim is to support and grow you as an individual to help your career in rail get off to the best possible start. Our Graduate Program has seen us voted as one of the Top 75 Graduate Employers in Australia.
Queensland Rail is looking for an innovative and passionate Safety Graduate to join our Safety, Risk and Assurance team. This role would suit a graduate who has a keen interest in people, risk and data analytics. You do not need to have a Safety degree to be considered for this role, we are seeking graduates from a range of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), Social Science or Human Resource Management (HR) backgrounds.
As our Safety, Risk and Assurance team look towards the future, we are open to innovation and new ways of doing things – we are challenging ourselves to do better and we want Graduates who are passionate about continuous improvement. As a Safety Graduate you will need to be flexible and proactive, ready to take on new projects and drive new initiatives that will lead to safer outcomes for our employees and our customers.
During your two years as a graduate, we will partner you with an excellent graduate mentor who will support and guide you. You’ll also complete our Essential Skills program and participate in internal networking days with internal guest speakers, regular site tours and coffee catch ups with executives, volunteering opportunities and access to a graduate development coordinator.
So, why work for us?
- We believe in investing in our people and encouraging their individual passions. You will partner with inspiring mentors, take up professional and personal development opportunities whilst gaining exposure to a diverse range of roles.
- Do meaningful work. As a Queensland Rail graduate you will get to put your skills and knowledge to the test in a safe, supportive and professional environment. Trust us when we say, you won’t be pushing paper!
- We want to prepare you for the future. We want you to become leaders in your own right, through our Essential Skills program we’ll give you the skills to get you started.
Enough about us! About you:
- Degree: You must have completed a Bachelor’s degree. Data analysis and exceptional analytical skills are a must for this role.
- Customer Focused: You will be community and customer focused person who believes in putting their best foot forward every day.
- Think Differently: We want your unique perspective, strong problem solving skills and innovative skills as we rise to meet our future business demands.
- Flexible and Adaptable: No two days are the same here at Queensland Rail, you will need to be adaptable, resourceful and open to constant change.
- Our Safety Graduate will commence on a salary of approximately $52,300.00 + Superannuation. This salary is reviewed annually based on performance. Other benefits include leave loading, flexible working opportunities, scheduled pay increases and free rail travel when travelling to and from work on the Citytrain network.
Applications for Safety Graduate positions close on Tuesday the 4th of May 2021 at 12pm. From here we will commence shortlisting. Our process will then involve video screening and panel interviews.
If this position interests you and you feel you have the knowledge and experience please apply to Safety Graduate (671) via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience by 11:59pm Tuesday the 4th of May 2021.
IMPORTANT NOTE: CURRENT QUEENSLAND RAIL EMPLOYEES
Queensland Rail employees must apply for vacancies via the People Connect solution and not via the external Queensland Rail career site or Seek using one of the following options:
- While at home or on the go at anytime, anywhere using the People Connect Solution on a personal device not connected to the Queensland Rail IT network or LAN. Please note you will need to set up Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) on your account profile. There are two options to do this:
- Install the Microsoft Authenticator app on your smartphone.
- If your phone does not support the app, or you do not wish to use an app, you can authenticate by either an automated phone call or a 6-digit verification code received via a text message.
- While at work signed via the People Connect solution (Single Sign On) using a Queensland Rail corporate device connected to the Queensland Rail IT network or LAN.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing. The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake psychometric assessment, pre-employment health assessment and background checks that might also include criminal history and credit checks.
Queensland Rail embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please contact Ellie Robison with your specific enquiry via email at [email protected] . Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Data Science and Analytics, Human Resources,...
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- 305 Edward Street, Brisbane QLD 4000Locations:
- POSITION START DATE
Jun 2021 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:4th May 2021, 1:59 pm