Our graduate program is your opportunity to achieve great things for yourself and for Queensland by working with highly skilled professionals in a diverse and flexible environment.
As a participant in Treasury’s graduate program, you will be able to build on the learnings from your university studies, and establish lifelong networks with graduates, colleagues and associates from across the public sector.
From the moment you join our team, our focus is on supporting you to reach your full potential.
Queensland Treasury’s GRADStart graduate program is a tailored 12-month program consisting of on-the-job learning and development, formal training programs, comprehensive supervisor and mentor support, and internal and external networking opportunities, which will assist you to achieve your career goals.
WHAT YOU DO AS A GRADUATE
During the program, you will rotate through three different work areas, where you will work on a variety of meaningful projects and contribute to solutions, which have a lasting impact on Queenslanders. These rotations will broaden your experience and expose you to the diversity of services that Queensland Treasury is responsible for. You may work on public infrastructure projects and services; provide advice on financial, economic, and public policy issues; or assist with delivering the state budget.
At the end of the program you will have a broad understanding of the range of areas Treasury deals with, while having enough time in each rotation to develop useable skills and experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
- a structured 12-month professional and personal development plan
- comprehensive training
- ongoing career development support
- networking opportunities internal and external to Queensland Treasury.
- permanent appointment with a starting salary of $62,430 per annum, increased after 12 months, plus up to 12.75% superannuation
- generous leave provisions
- flexible work-life balance opportunities, with a 36.25 hour working week
- salary packaging
- career progression
- exposure to diverse teams of professionals who are committed to improving the lives of Queenslanders.