The Red Hat Consulting team is looking for a Junior Consultant to join our Early Talent Program in Canberra, Australia. In this role, you will be provided with technical and soft skills training alongside meaningful work through mentoring, shadowing, and customer engagements at the beginning of your career. You will be assigned a manager, mentor, and buddy to support you. You will receive regular development reviews throughout the program, which have been designed to ensure that you gain the necessary training and experience to help you succeed and transition into a more senior role upon completion. As a Junior Consultant, you will focus on your strengths and personal skills, as well as complete tech-focused courses on various product areas and have the opportunity to become certified. From here, you will take your first steps in your Red Hat career - you will work in an environment that is collaborative where your opinions matter and where your contributions will provide meaningful impact to our customers. At Red Hat, we believe that good ideas can come from anyone, anywhere, regardless of job title or hierarchy. Diversity fuels our meritocratic culture by bringing in many perspectives and ideas, challenging our assumptions, and inspiring innovation.
This Red Hat program offers meaningful technical and personal development opportunities within a collaborative and innovative environment. It will provide you with the chance to work with people who are not only subject matter experts but also passionate and committed to the open source way.
Primary job responsibilities
- Constantly learn about new Red Hat’s technologies and industry practices and apply these concepts to customer needs
- Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create solutions for customers
- Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent problems from occurring in the assigned team and technology area
- Work closely with colleagues in a collaborative team environment, providing and sharing information at all opportunities
- Build and maintain solid relationships with your colleagues and our customers
- Use your critical thinking skills to tackle tough problems in an innovative way
- Assist the project or technical managers in setting and delivering on expectations, as well as bringing innovative ideas and enthusiasm to the project team
- Passion for emerging technology and desire to contribute to the open source community
- Enthusiastic and motivated; positive attitude and the ability to learn quickly
- Good communication skills to convey information to internal and external customers
- Problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate ability to find the correct resources and collect required information
- Ability to work both on your own and as part of a team
- Degree or diploma or equivalent experience in software engineering, computer science, information technology (IT), engineering, or another field with a science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) focus
- Willingness to travel domestically, or internationally when permitted, following Red Hat’s COVID-19 guidelines
- Australian citizenship
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Science...
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:21st Jul 2021, 1:59 pm