Reece is an Australian icon – we’ve been around for a century. We’re a big business that works hard to retain the little things that made us great from when we were a family owned, single supply truck in Melbourne’s East. We live by our values – we also hire by them and promote by them. We take our work seriously but not ourselves. You might know us as Australia's largest supplier of plumbing and bathroom products but that's just one side of us. We're a major public company with over 6,000 people, 615 locations, 10 business lines across ANZ and 2500+ people in our North American business. We’re not just plumbing either; we are a logistics, tech, and marketing house, we even have a creative agency, innovation centre, and insight hub. This broad skil- base helps us solve customer problems through insight and creativity. We’re growing both nationally and internationally and that’s where you come in!
About the Opportunity
As a Communications Graduate at Reece, you will join an 18 month program specially designed to provide you with a holistic understanding of our business. By initially completing branch time in a Plumbing and speciality business unit, you’ll foster strong relationships in our Operations network, acquire comprehensive product knowledge, and develop a deep appreciation of the heart of our business - our customers. Following this, you’ll rotate around different professional teams located at our Head Office, which we call our Reece Support Centre, before transitioning into the Communications team. Additionally, you’ll enjoy:
- Permanent employment from day 1 with access to unlimited career opportunities in an organisation that promotes and develops our talent from within
- A comprehensive, blended learning experience to expedite your development including an initial 3 day induction in Melbourne, as well as digital learning tools, on the job training, coaching and mentoring support
- A hand-picked buddy to meet with monthly, who was once in your shoes
Through the Program, you will become a trusted advisor who is deeply embedded in the business, providing teams with internal communications advice, support and material to drive employee engagement and understanding of business objectives. Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Internal Communications Manager and Communications team to provide company-wide communications support, expertise and advice including executing on Reece’s communication strategy, materials and plans.
- Deliver communications content that is timely, consistent and on message to ensure alignment to Reece’s strategy and breakthrough goals.
- Provide event, logistical and content support to ensure the successful delivery of face-to-face engagement Reece’s senior leadership team.
- Develop dynamic and engaging content and channels that motivate and inform employees including video, photography, presentations and written materials.
- Responsible for the management and execution of regular communication channels, ensuring feedback and measurement of said channels are continually assessed and so the communications team can continue to evolve our service offering.
- Support the Communications team by managing the communication planner, supporting the regular rhythm of the team, ensuring the team is working as effectively as possible.
In return you’ll be fairly compensated, provided a uniform allowance, receive significant product discounts, have access to fuel, gym and other awesome discounts, but most importantly you’ll have the opportunity to reach your potential and foster a long-lasting career!
At Reece, attitude is key! We aim to improve the lives of our customers and our people by striving for greatness every day. We don’t expect you to have industry experience though retail or customer service experience is advantageous. We’d like to hear from you if you have the following:
- A relevant degree consisting of a major in Communications with the equivalent of a credit average
- A growth mindset – you love learning and embrace opportunities to grow and develop, continually improving your skills and acquiring new knowledge
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to utilise emotional intelligence to establish and build strong relationships
- The ability to prioritise many competing tasks and organise work so that it is completed efficiently while always keeping the customer first
- Proven ability to identify and solve problems, acting decisively and showing good judgement
- Experience balancing long and short term goals
- Intermediate computer skills
- Current driver’s license
Applications are open until 11:59pm on Friday 19 June 2020 for commencement in February 2021.
If you want to work with great people in a supportive culture, put your career first and apply today!
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Arts and Humanities, Business and Commerce,...
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- 118 Burwood Hwy, Burwood, VIC, 3125Locations:
- Closing Date:19th Jun 2020, 1:59 pm