Reece is an Australian icon – we’ve been around for a century. We’re a big business that works hard to retain the little things that made us great from when we were a family owned, single supply truck in Melbourne’s East. We live by our values – we also hire by them and promote by them. We take our work seriously but not ourselves. You might know us as Australia's largest supplier of plumbing and bathroom products but that's just one side of us. We're a major public company with over 6,000 people, 615 locations, 10 business lines across ANZ and 2500+ people in our North American business. We’re not just plumbing either; we are a logistics, tech, and marketing house, we even have a creative agency, innovation centre, and insight hub. This broad skill- base helps us solve customer problems through insight and creativity. We’re growing both nationally and internationally and that’s where you come in!
About the Opportunity
As a Data Science Graduate at Reece, you will join an 18 month program specially designed to provide you with a holistic understanding of our business. By initially completing 3 months of branch time consisting of rotations across Plumbing and a speciality business unit, you’ll foster strong relationships in our Operations network, acquire comprehensive product knowledge, and develop a deep appreciation of the heart of our business - our customers. Following this, you will transition into the Pricing team located at our Head Office, which we call our Reece Support Centre, where you will explore your strengths and passions in a chosen function. Additionally, you’ll enjoy:
- Permanent employment from day 1 with access to unlimited career opportunities in an organisation that promotes and develops our talent from within
- A comprehensive, blended learning experience to expedite your development including an initial 3 day induction in Melbourne, as well as digital learning tools, on the job training, coaching and mentoring support
- A hand-picked buddy to meet with monthly, who was once in your shoes
- A brand new, state-of-the-art Reece Support Centre being custom-built and due to finish early 2021 – in time for your transition into the professional phase of the Program!
In return you’ll be fairly compensated, provided a uniform allowance, receive significant product discounts, have access to fuel, gym and other awesome discounts, but most importantly you’ll have the opportunity to reach your potential and foster a long-lasting career!
At Reece, attitude is key! We aim to improve the lives of our customers and our people by striving for greatness every day. We don’t expect you to have industry experience though retail or customer service experience is advantageous. We’d like to hear from you if you have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree or (or higher) in Econometrics, Data Science, Computer Science or similar
- A growth mindset - you love learning and embrace opportunities to grow and develop, continually improving your skills and acquiring new knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to utilise emotional intelligence to establish and build strong relationships
- Experience in data extraction and manipulation with SQL
- Proficient in reading and writing code using R or Python
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple, simultaneous projects
- A technical, analytical focus with expertise-based problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate complex information to various stakeholders in a simplified way
Applications are open until 11:59pm on Friday 19 June 2020 for commencement in February 2021.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Data Science and Analytics, Marketing and...
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- 118 Burwood Hwy, Burwood, VIC, 3125Locations:
- Closing Date:19th Jun 2020, 1:59 pm