About Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Group, a global Defence and Automotive technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Weapons, Ammunition & Protection.
RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capability to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection, and sustainment.
About the Team
Joining a team of specialist engineers, this role will support the design, integration, and verification of communications systems, subsystems, and components across Rheinmetall programs and platforms, such as the BOXER CRV and LYNX IFV.
About the role
As a Graduate Communications Engineer, you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Integrate and test communications equipment;
- Conceive of and recommend solutions in response to Requirements;
- Support development and verification of prototypes and to-be-delivered components and systems;
- Develop, release and maintain engineering documentation;
- Participate in formal and informal Design Reviews; and
- Provide problem solving and continuous improvement support to Production and Through Life Support.
What are we looking for?
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company's values of Respect, Trust and Openness. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering that is recognised by The Institute of Engineers Australia;
- 0 to 3 years experience;
- Basic knowledge of Radiofrequency equipment;
- Have excellent written English communication skills using engineering terminology;
- Must currently hold or be eligible to gain the appropriate Australian Security Clearance; and
- Ability to travel interstate and/or internationally when required.
What's on offer?
- Working in a great team and with exciting products
- Opportunity for career development and further training
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community
- Opportunity to work on major projects such as LAND 400
- Attractive Remuneration package with salary sacrificing & novated leases
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their families overall wellbeing
Join an inclusive culture
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work successfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer.
If you are ready to take the next step, Apply Now!
Rheinmetall may use various recruitment and selection tools and techniques as part of our process, such as video interviewing, online assessments, face-to-face interviews and assessment centres.
The preferred candidate will be required to complete RDA's background checks including pre-employment verification and national police checks.
Please note that we will not be accepting any recruitment agency applications for this role.
For further information about this opportunity, please call Tali Butler on 0428 881 736 and quote REF#AU00441.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:23rd Aug 2021, 1:59 pm