How can you make a meaningful difference to the way we resource the world?
New challenges demand new ideas. As experts in mining and metals we’re looking for the next generation of challengers, visionaries and pioneers. The people who will think beyond possibility to deliver ideas and answers that are essential to human progress.
Discover more about our graduate opportunities
Our exclusive graduate platform provides you the opportunity to work for a business that’s making a meaningful difference in the way we resource the world; whilst developing the skills of future expert leaders; and creating a legacy that will improve the lives of millions of people globally.
Our Graduate Excellence Path (GEP) gives you a learning platform designed to develop technical experts and future leaders of tomorrow, whilst preparing you for a career with us.
You will have access to a wide selection of learning tools designed to accelerate your growth, including coaching, mentoring, webinars, access to leadership content and collaborative networks.
With a strong focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines, we are looking for graduates who have a desire to learn, progress their careers and believe in becoming the leaders of tomorrow.
Some of the disciplines we offer graduate programmes include:
- Mechatronics / robotics engineering
- Mining engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Control systems engineering
- Geotechnical engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Civil / structural engineering
- Health & safety
Who we are looking for
- Must be in final year of study or graduated for less than two years.
- You must be studying a relevant discipline to the role you are applying for.
- A dedication to promoting safe work practices.
- Intermediate / advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Eligibility to work in the relevant country.
- An enthusiastic approach to working with an eagerness to adapt to a new way of thinking.
Our applications open in approximately March/April of each year. For more information, please visit www.riotinto.com/graduates.