The Royal Melbourne Hospital - City & Royal Park Campus
- Commence your career as a Registered Nurse at the Royal Melbourne Hospital!
- Transition from student to Registered Nurse, consolidating your clinical knowledge and skills in a supportive and stimulating working environment
- Permanent position allowing for a long and exciting career in nursing at one of Victoria's largest tertiary hospitals
The Royal Melbourne Hospital
As one of the largest health services in Victoria, and a team of more than 10,000 strong, we provide a comprehensive range of specialist medical, surgical, and mental health services; as well as rehabilitation, aged care, outpatient and community programs. We are a designated state-wide provider for services including trauma, and we lead centres of excellence for tertiary services in several key specialties including neurosciences, nephrology, oncology, cardiology and virtual health.
Surrounded by a Parkville Precinct of brilliant thinkers, we collaborate to set new benchmarks in health excellence – benchmarks that impact across the globe. While the work we do takes us in inspiring new directions; caring for each other, our patients and consumers is as essential to who we are, as any scientific breakthrough we make. We put people first - leading with kindness and working together, we excel as one Royal Melbourne Hospital.
Your new team
- A dedicated nursing and multidisciplinary team working together to deliver excellence in nursing.
- Graduate specific support through preceptorship, ward-based Clinical Nurse Educators, leadership and the Graduate Nurse Network
- Clinical rotations across a wider range of clinical areas and specialities
Your success in this role, will be in your ability to
- Contribute to an organisational culture that puts people first and leads with kindness to achieve excellence together
- Work collaboratively as part of the multidisciplinary team focussed on delivering high quality safe, timely, effective and person centred care
- Demonstrate a high motivation and willingness to learn as you develop your professional and clinical nursing skills
Our Commitment to you
Here at The RMH we strive for excellence with a strong purpose that defines the work we do for our community – Advancing health for everyone, every day. This is the Melbourne Way.
We believe our success comes from our people. We’re committed to the RMH being a great place to work and a great place to receive care. We have made a long-term commitment to strengthen our organisational culture through leadership, education and empowering our staff to Speak Up for themselves and each other.
This is a role where your passion for nursing and willingness to learn can come together to create a truly defining career opportunity.
The RMH stands in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in work and care. We are proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check.
- Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.
Enquiries: Madelene McPhillips
To view the position description or submit your application please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Health, Nursing and Midwifery
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:16th Jun 2021, 1:59 pm