Full-Time, 3 Year Contract
At the South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI), we are committed to achieving innovative, ground-breaking health and medical research that fundamentally improves the quality of life for all people.
The Graduate Engineer reports to the Deputy Operations Manager/Molecular Imaging & Therapy Research Unit (MITRU) Engineer. The successful individual will work with a multidisciplinary team of scientists to manufacture radiopharmaceuticals under current Good Manufacturing Practise (cGMP) for routine clinical use and in clinical trials. The Graduate Engineer will reliably, efficiently, and safely assist with the management and maintenance of MITRU equipment and engineered systems. The Graduate Engineer will have the opportunity to work on and with the Cyclotron and automated radiopharmaceutical synthesis systems. The Graduate Engineer will also interact with a range of external stakeholders including our partners, contractors, service agents and any relevant regulatory authorities.
The Graduate Engineer will assist and support the Deputy Operations Manager/MITRU Engineer to ensure that the equipment in MITRU is maintained, calibrated, and repaired according to schedule or as required (i.e., unplanned shutdown).
About the Role
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with the maintenance of MITRU equipment in collaboration with SAHMRI Staff and contractors.
- Prepare and execute qualification and/or validation documents for new/existing equipment.
- Prepare and update work instructions and other documentation related to equipment.
- Trending and assessment of equipment performance within MITRU.
- Maintenance, administration, and back-up of computerised manufacturing systems.
- Completion of documentation related to all tasks including work orders, Installation Qualification / Operation Qualification records and validation protocols.
- Ensure maintenance schedules are followed to ensure the good working order of equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of tests/experiments performed in MITRU.
- Provide and/or participate in training programmes when requested
The successful candidate will possess the following key attributes:
- Degree or higher qualification in Engineering, Physics or other health and science related discipline
- High level attention to detail; methodical with excellent record keeping skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, seeking support when necessary to complete the task
- Ability to work effectively in a team, manage position working relationships and establish rapport
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Programming experience desirable
- A requirement of this position is to obtain an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) license to handle radioactive substances and use ionising radiation apparatus. Ongoing employment within this position is dependent upon this license being obtained during the first six months in this position.
- Some out of business hours and weekend work will be required to facilitate preventative (planned) or corrective (unplanned) maintenance.
- Once trained, may be required to be available on an on-call basis for troubleshooting.
- This position requires a pre-employment medical examination to determine suitability for the physical requirements of the role.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values and our institute is dedicated to grow a culture that pursues, enables and demands research excellence. We are proud of the work we do and work hard as a team to make a positive difference to the community. Our values of Excellence, innovation, courage, integrity and teamwork are what help us achieve our goals. If these are also your values and goals, apply today.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
For more information, please contact Nicholas Siebert at [email protected]
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
SAHMRI is a member of the Athena SWAN Science in Australia Gender Equity program. We have been awarded Bronze status for our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEMM.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent...
- Closing Date:12th Oct 2021, 12:59 pm