Established in Australia in 2013, Scape is a leading, fully-integrated owner, operator, investment manager and developer of premium branded student accommodation (PBSA) and lifestyle solutions, with billions of dollars in assets under management, on behalf of global wholesale and institutional investors. Scape’s existing Australian portfolio comprises 41 high quality assets located in the key education precincts of Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth with ~12,700 operational beds and ~9,400 beds under development, and over 400 staff across the country.
Scape is part of the Scape Group which was founded in London in 2007 and today has over 30,000 PBSA beds in operation and in development in the UK, Australia, Ireland and the USA.
At Scape, we are driven to inspire students and look after them during one of the most important times of their lives, enhancing their time at University. Where students live is more than just a bed, it should shelter and shape them.
The Investment Management Graduate is a new position in Scape’s Investment Management Team. In this multi-faceted role you will work across all assets of the Scape Australia group and have the opportunity to learn all aspects of the investment management in a fast paced and dynamic environment. You will be part of a team of five and provided with support and mentoring whilst also being given the opportunity to take ownership for activities.
As the Investment Management Graduate you will be responsible for:
- Asset Management. - assisting with the preparation and execution project development feasibilities, including developing accurate financial models and investment monitoring tools
- Investment Management - ensuring the existing assets under management are administered in accordance with relevant contractual obligations, investment mandates, client guidelines and risk profiles. This includes preparation of Investment Committee memos and reporting to the Board.
- Asset Origination - including identification and analysis of investment opportunities, identifying the major risks & returns affecting individual investment opportunities.
- Database Monitoring - gathering and analysing market intelligence / data on competitive properties for investment opportunities under consideration; design and maintenance of comps databases.
- Reporting - working closely with other team members to drive internal and external client reporting, strategy development and other presentations.
- Finance - assisting with loan servicing requirements and financing relationship management.
- Investor Relations - building strong relationships with existing and potential new investors.
- Transactions - assisting with the execution of new real estate transactions.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Relevant university degree - Major in finance, commerce, property or economics desirable.
- 1-2 years' work experience in real estate, corporate finance, investment banking, management consulting or recent internship experience.
- An understanding of the Australian real estate investment market, the real estate development process and conventions is desirable.
- Experience with cash flow modelling and investment valuation techniques including feasibility, analysis and reporting of new development projects with Excel.
- Highly analytical with strong numerical and financial modelling skills.
- Proficiency and speed in PowerPoint is strongly desired.
- Clear communication and reporting, both written and verbal.
To apply, please send a 1-page cover letter addressing how you meet the above requirements with your CV to [email protected] and we will be in touch shortly. Scape appreciates all interest in the role and looks forward to your application.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
- Work rights:
Australian Working Visa
- Unit 30/ 1 Farrer Place Sydney NSW 2000Locations:
- Closing Date:5th May 2020, 12:59 pm