Come work for the company that invented and marketed the world's first all-digital protective relay. Be part of a team of 5,500 employees spread across the globe in 24 countries that make it their daily mission to make electric power safer, more reliable, and more economical.
As a global company at the forefront of engineering technology, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) invents, designs, and builds digital products and systems that provides secure protection, control, automation, integration, communications and metering of electric power systems for the industrial and utility markets worldwide.
Due to the company experiencing rapid growth, SEL seeks a highly motivated individual for an Engineering Intern position based in our Melbourne office.
Reporting to the Group Manager, the role will require a driven and enthusiastic individual to support the delivery of engineering efforts required for the technical solutions with consideration of quality, cost and schedule
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support for communication/automation/protection projects.
- Perform testing on existing and new technology as part of a project.
- Document testing activities and results.
- Support Engineering Services projects related to communication/automation/protection.
- Support project engineers to execute projects based on SEL technology that provide secure and compliant solutions.
- Understand, create and simplify processes as part of project executions.
- Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles in daily tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current student pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills.
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
To Apply For This Position:
Interviews will commence shortly, so if you have what it takes to be successful in this role, please apply now by providing your CV and a brief cover letter regarding your suitability for the role.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia without sponsorship to apply for this position.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you undertaking a qualification in electrical engineering, computer engineering or equivalent?
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:28th Jun 2022, 1:59 pm