Cataloguing and Collections Assistant
We have an exciting opportunity for a group of volunteer Cataloguing and Collections Assistants to join our small and dynamic team.
You will play a key role in engaging and educating our audiences by assisting in the digitisation and cataloguing of our vast collection. This is a role where you will see the fruits of your achievements in real time.
This opportunity is ideal for students in arts/humanities, art history, cultural heritage, curatorship and information management, seniors, retirees, or for those looking to immerse themselves in local history. No prior experience is required.
- Cataloguing museum records on our collection management system, eHive
- Conducting research into artefacts, objects and historical records
- Handling, photographing and storing objects according to best practice standards
- Ensuring the collection storage facilities are organised and tidy
- Adhering to the National Standards for Australian Museums and Galleries, as well as Australian copyright law
- Complying with all occupational health and safety practices and procedures at the museum
By volunteering at the Emerald Museum, you will have the chance to:
- Learn new skills: From cataloguing artefacts to greeting guests from around the world, the Emerald Museum offers a wealth of opportunities to gain new knowledge, confidence and expertise
- Meet new people: As a volunteer, you'll be part of a vibrant community of like-minded individuals who share your love of history and culture
- Make a difference: By helping to preserve and promote local history, you'll be playing an active role in shaping this vital district resource in Cardinia Shire, as well as the future of the local community
We also offer:
- Full cataloguing training
- Flexible volunteering hours that work around you
- Access to professional development and training opportunities
- Free tea and coffee facilities
- A reference when you have been volunteering with us for a minimum of 6 months
Ready to take the next step? Apply today via the SEEK Volunteer portal, or submit your expression of interest via the Volunteer page our website.
For further information, email the Emerald Museum Community Asset Committee at [email protected] or call (03) 5968 2152.
- Job type:Volunteer
- Disciplines:Arts and Humanities, Education
- Work rights:New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- Closing Date:26th May 2023, 1:59 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.