Street Mission is a charity operating two community cafes for the homeless and disadvantaged in Sydney’s Northern Beaches region, and serves an estimated 300 meals a month using a 100% volunteer workforce.
We are looking for applicants to join our volunteer committee overseeing operations and governance of this amazing charity.
The following items are discussed at monthly Committee meetings:
- Café attendance, incidents, concerns
- Volunteers and Supervisors (issues, support, training, new applications)
- Fundraising initiatives for Street Mission
- Monthly financials provided by Treasurer
- Risk Register reviewed every quarter
In addition to Committee meetings, Committee members are involved in various ad-hoc projects, including fundraising applications, organising volunteer functions and managing stakeholder relationships.
We are currently looking at the following positions/skills:
- Finance skills to assist the Treasurer
- Assistance in fundraising from community initiatives
Committee meetings are currently being held online.
- Job type:Volunteer
Accounting, Administration, Banking and Finance, Funds...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
Canberra, Regional ACT,...
- Closing Date:7th Aug 2022, 1:59 pm