SisterWorks is a not-for-profit social enterprise, with its head office based in Abbotsford, Melbourne. SisterWorks’ mission is to support women from refugees, asylum seeker or migrant backgrounds to improve their confidence, mental wellbeing, sense of belonging and economic outlook. SisterWorks does this through providing learning opportunities in a safe environment where Sisters can build their skills and community and gain both the knowledge and the confidence to seek employment or further study. Our vision is an Australia where all migrant women are given the opportunities to become economically empowered.
The SisterWorks model, 'Work Empowers Women', is centred around empowerment, fostering a sense of independence and providing opportunities for building a community, learning new skills, and earning an income. This is achieved via our Empowerment Hubs in Abbotsford, Bendigo and Dandenong, as well as through our online learning platform.
SisterWorks has been able to expand the reach of its model via an exciting partnership with UN Women and . This partnership has provided a platform for growth, transformation and enhanced external advocacy opportunities and influence, and enabled the organisation to expand its reach outside of Melbourne into regional Victoria. During this period of growth, SisterWorks has remained committed to seeking engagement and guidance from the women we support and are constantly looking for new ways to positively impact the lives of more Sisters.
About The Role The purpose of this role is to assist the day-to-day events and logistics tasks to support the marketing and communications team. The Events and Communications Intern/Volunteer will work directly with the marketing team to deliver successful events for SisterWorks. The role will assist in creating and providing logistics and communications on a variety of activities including: pop-up shops, community events, boardroom lunches, and a large-scale fundraising gala. Your strong attention to detail will help SisterWorks effectively engage internal and external stakeholders.
The role will work closely with the Head of Marketing and Communications to measure the impact of all promotional activities and analyse, review, and report on the effectiveness of event engagement and campaign activities to maximise results.
The role will also support the full Marketing and Communications team and other departments as required, especially around social media and communications needs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- help deliver and maintain an annual calendar of events and marketing deliverables
- work in-person on a variety of engaging and dynamic events focused on brand awareness, engagement and fundraising in Melbourne and regional Victoria
- coordinate and deliver event run sheets and order of proceedings
- work with the Marketing and Communications Manager and interns on the creation and coordination of event communications, including promotions and ticket sale strategies.
- coordinate management of all risks and hazards at events with the Head of Marketing and Communications
- work with the marketing team to ensure events are delivered on time and within budget.
- work with large amounts of event data and information in an organised and methodical manner
- coordinate key event deliverables and work directly with event vendors and suppliers
Skills and qualifications:·
- strong experience in an events role with the ability to demonstrate event work on logistics, ticketing and vendor relations
- strong time management and organisational skills
- proven ability to meet deadlines
- ability to demonstrate writing skills in a clear and articulate manner
- ability to demonstrate compelling content development skills across social media platforms (especially Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn)
- ability to use Canva and/or Adobe Suite and website and electronic direct mail programs (similar to Wordpress, Mailchimp)
- good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- strong Microsoft office and computer skills
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- prior fundraising experience is useful but not mandatory
- working with Children Check (if you do not have one, you can apply for one free of cost)
- 10 hours a week (2 days/week); flexible with time
- must be available occasionally on evenings and weekends (as agreed upon and scheduled in advance)
- must have a current driving license
- able to carry marketing and event equipment within OHS safety guidelines
This role is best suited to someone·
- Is confident working with women of varied cultural backgrounds
- Has a warm and inviting personality·
- Is organised and proactive
- Can work in a dynamic environment and problem solve challenges with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Job type:Volunteer
Communications, Marketing and Sales, Media and...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Closing Date:8th Aug 2022, 1:59 pm