BFCC is a non-government, not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting children and families in the Bayside and Randwick LGAs for over 4 decades. Our vision is a safe and well-connected community for children and families. To achieve that goal, we work with our community and partners to provide evidence-informed early intervention, prevention and advocacy services. In 2020 The NSW Department of Communities and Justice awarded BFCC a new 5-year contract, proof of the positive impact we make on our community. You can find more about BFCC on our website.
The Role We are looking for a voluntary Management Committee member to help oversee and support our strategy to ensure the Centre continues to thrive and grow.
People who have a passion to positively impact on our children and families and can work collaboratively as part of a team.
Ideally you will have specific skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Not-For-Profit corporate governance
- Finance and risk management
- IT and social media management
- Fundraising & philanthropy
- Marketing and communications
- Human resource management
- Experience in service delivery and strategic and operational planning
Candidates from a variety of cultural backgrounds and lived experiences, including people identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, are encouraged to apply. You don’t have to live in our local area to join the committee, but a representative of our community would be a bonus. So if you live in Randwick or Bayside LGAs and would love to make a difference.
Your time commitment Service on the Management Committee is of a voluntary nature. We ask that all members commit to an availability of at least 6-8 hours per month for their committee duties. Board meetings (monthly), Board Projects, extraordinary meetings (as required)
Next steps If you would like further information or to have a confidential discussion, please Rachael Atkins whose contact details are provided in the return email you will receive when submitting interest in this role online.
- Join a team of passionate members, working together to grow the organisation
- Build you skill set and gain experience in non for profit governance
- Increase access to professional networks
- Work within the children and families space
- Job type:Volunteer
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Communications, Data...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
Regional New South...
- Closing Date:27th Jun 2022, 1:59 pm