Our NILs volunteers assist with all aspects of NILs applications including:
- Responding to NILs enquiries and arranging appointments
- Intake process, including assessing suitability and eligibility
- Supporting clients to gather and supply documents to support their application
- Collating and analysing the supporting evidence to present to credit assessment team
- Discussing budgeting, lending capacity and ongoing expenses with clients
- Submitting applications for assessment by the Loan Provider
- Referring clients to other services such as financial counselling where appropriate
- Maintaining accurate and complete client files and documentation
NILs volunteers are required to:
- have a good understanding of basic financial literacy
- have strong communication and engagement skills.
This role will suit:
- Compassionate, empathetic and non-judgemental individuals
- Those with experience in community services
- Retired finance professionals
- Tertiary students seeking more experience in Financial Capability work
- Current DHS Working with Children Check or willing to have an application submitted
- COVID-19 vaccination including at least 1 booster dose (UCWB's Bowden site is a healthcare setting and is under an Emergency Management Direction regarding COVID-19 vaccination).
By volunteering at UCWB, you will enjoy:
- Training and support in NILs and the application process
- Commitment to Work Health Safety and Wellbeing including, employee assistance program
- Future career opportunities in community services
- A supportive team environment which celebrates diversity and inclusion.
This role is based at our Central Office in Bowden.
Applications can be submitted via the ‘Apply Now’ link. For more information, please contact Kylie Mazzone on 8245 7177.
- Job type:Volunteer
Accounting, Administration, Banking and Finance, Psychology...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:7th Aug 2022, 1:59 pm