The volunteer coordinator is responsible for the recruitment and retention of volunteers whilst providing a safe and fair environment for them to work.
- Develop, update and implement policies and procedures that are relevant to volunteers in the club.
- Identify a list of volunteering positions that are required for the club and identify what roles need to be filled.
- Promote different volunteering opportunities that are available and attract new volunteers to the club.
- Select, screen and induct volunteers. During this process identify any training that will need to be undertaken.
- Keep records about volunteers and the training that they have received, including training that they will need to receive in the future.
- Develop a succession plan that can be implemented when volunteers leave the club or move onto other positions.
- Create and maintain clear lines of communication between the club and volunteers.
- Develop ways to recognise and reward all volunteers of the club.
- Organise a volunteer roster of tasks and roles that need to be completed.
- Must have an understanding of the essential role that volunteers play in the club.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to change communication styles to suit the current audience.
- Organisational skills
- Previous experience in Human Resources is preferred. As this may not be a possibility, someone who has had experience in a similar role or has dealt with volunteers in a management style role before.
Approximately 15 hours per week.
- Job type:Volunteer
Administration, Research and Development
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:7th Aug 2022, 1:59 pm