Well, it seems you’re familiar with us, and we’re excited you’ve landed here. Maybe you’re a bit like us and want to have a positive impact on society or want to be involved in meaningful work that really makes a difference.
SEEK could be the extraordinary kickstart your career needs. Our people are the foundation of every product we build. If you want to work alongside passionate software engineers who highly value your opinion and encourage you to step outside your comfort zone, challenge the status quo and deliver exceptional experiences for our users, read on.
Here’s a little more about us
You may know SEEK as the Australian jobs board, founded in 1997 in Melbourne, modernising the traditional newspaper employment classifieds and making them available online. We now have a global presence with a large focus on helping people live more fulfilling and productive working lives across Asia Pacific. Since then, SEEK has become more than a jobs board, helping candidates find their first job (this could be you!), choosing a career, making career changes, and everything in-between.
Our vision is to be the best in the world in online employment, and our focus on AI and technology puts us in the right position to achieve this over the coming years. We’ve achieved so much, and we still have a lot to do, so we’re moving to our new purpose-built HQ in Cremorne with state-of-the-art facilities.
Now for some important stats and facts:
- March 2021 saw the highest number of job ads posted in SEEK’s history
- 40m+ visits to our site each month
- 11+ million searchable SEEK profiles
- We operate in 18 countries, #1 player in 14 of them
- We’re ASX50, listed since 2005
- We’ve been recognised as the Best Place to Work Overall and the Best Place to Work – Tech Industry in The Australian Financial Review #BestPlaces2021 Awards
Here’s some information about our Software Development Grad Program
Established in 2017, our grads have built an enviable reputation both within SEEK and the wider tech community. They are passionate about the program’s success, but more importantly your success. Our program is designed to grow broad technologists with exposure to specialisations (think Security, Mobile Apps) to help YOU choose your technology career path.
Some of our program highlights:
- As a permanent employee, you'll have two 6-month rotations where you will be embedded into teams of your choice, free to exercise your curious mind and bring your positive energy.
- We know you are passionate about tech, want to work with a diverse group of people and tackle complex problems. You will learn from our professional software engineers, hone your skills, and ship clean code to production.
- Your first 4 weeks begin with a bootcamp designed to refine and grow your technical skills and ease you into our ways of working. You’ll get exposure to different technologies including: mobile apps, AWS, TypeScript, GraphQL, React, serverless architecture, continuous delivery and security. You’ll be in safe hands - our engineering community will help you realise your full potential.
- You have our full support at every step of the way. You’ll have a buddy – a ‘go to’ person for anything you need, dedicated rotation supervisors to keep you on track with your goals, and a mentor you will select to help guide you on your SEEK path. The existing SEEK grad crew will also have your back - they’ve been in your shoes before.
Here's what we're looking for
SEEK grads possess a set of attributes and share common beliefs that make SEEK who we are. In short, they are curious engineers, enthusiastic about using tech to create awesome products for our much-loved customers, and they show great judgement to help us decide which problems we need to solve.
Thinking this sounds like you? We want you to demonstrate your:
- Love for code - showcase your passion projects, GitHub profile, contributions to Stack Overflow, and if you attend any industry events or meetups
- Strong team orientation - you can listen and contribute in equal parts
- Ability to collaborate, be curious, have fun and not be afraid to be yourself
- Work experience
- Contributions to your community (e.g. volunteering)
Now is not the time to be shy - highlight anything that shows us how you stand out in your resume and cover letter.
To be eligible for our program you:
- Are in your final year of study or have recently completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in any field (preferably Computer Science or Software Engineering) OR
- Have graduated within two years of applying with no more than 2 years discipline-related experience OR
- Have completed industry training and/or certifications with no more than 2 years of discipline-related experience.
- Are ready to move to Melbourne (if you're not already here) for a Feb 2022 start.
To have eligible working rights to be considered for our program you hold:
- Australian citizenship, An Australian Permanent Visa, or a Special Category Visa (if a New Zealand citizen living in Australia).
- If you hold a temporary work visa (e.g. Temporary Graduate, secondary 457/TSS, provisional Partner visa), you will need:
- To hold a valid visa for 18 months for the length of the programme.
- To be further considered for a company-sponsored visa, a further minimum 6-month relevant full-time equivalent work experience would be required prior to application.
Here's more of the good stuff
We offer a bunch of benefits to our employees, including:
- Budget for training and access to our own SEEK learning and development programs.
- Breakfast facilities – you’re in good company if you like good coffee.
- Active community – get to know us by attending drinks, trivia, or other organised fun events.
- Hackathons – 3 days, twice a year.
- We’ve got 14 different leave options to suit your needs, including 5 days Flexi leave because we know the juggle is real!
What can you expect from our hiring process?
Once we’ve received your application, our hiring process will involve the following:
- Code challenge – show us your amazing coding skills.
- Video responses – answer a few of our questions in your own time.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to our Assessment Day* – meet some of our team and learn a lot more about SEEK.
(For interstate candidates, we’ll give you a hand with travel if required)
Please note applications close 30th May at 11.59 pm
Here at SEEK we pride ourselves on harbouring a flexible and inclusive work environment. Should you require any specific supports or adjustments throughout the recruitment process and beyond, please advise us, and we will be happy to assist.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Science...
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Student Visa,...
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Remote Friendly
- Closing Date:30th May 2021, 7:00 am