You may know SEEK as the Australian jobs board, founded in 1997 in Melbourne, modernising the traditional newspaper employment classifieds and making them available online. Since then, SEEK has become more than a jobs board, helping candidates find their first job (this could be you!), choosing a career, making career changes, and everything in-between.
We are a global player with the soul of a start up, so you can work on diverse, international teams with the care and connection of a smaller organisation.
Our state-of-the-art offices in Cremorne provide an exceptional space to collaborate with colleagues in spaces designed for testing, observation and research.
The office provides sweeping views of the city, as well as a games area featuring a pool table, table tennis table, Xbox Series X and PlayStation.
About our Engineering Teams
Our people are the foundation of every product we build. You will have the opportunity to work alongside passionate software engineers who will respect and value your opinion, encourage you to step outside your comfort zone, challenge the status quo and deliver exceptional experiences for our users.
We work on a ‘you build it, you run it’ culture and our established platform, tech stack and code base with minimal tech-debt means you can focus on trying new things, not finding new tools.
Now for some important stats and facts:
- Australia's most visited employment site with more than 2.5x the visits of our nearest competitor
- With over 13m candidate profiles, we are uniquely positioned to engage with, and draw insight from, candidates in the ANZ market
- We operate in 18 countries, #1 player in 14 of them
- We’re ASX50, listed since 2005
- We’ve been recognised as the Best Place to Work Overall and the Best Place to Work – Tech Industry in The Australian Financial Review #BestPlaces2021 Awards.
Here’s some information about our Software Engineering Grad Program
Established in 2017, our grads have built an enviable reputation both within SEEK and the wider tech community. They are passionate about the program’s success but more importantly your success. Our program is designed to grow broad technologists with exposure to specialisations (think Security, Mobile Apps) to help YOU choose your technology career path.
Some of our program highlights:
Permanent Employment You will be joining us as a permanent employee as we want you to grow with us long-term
12-month rotation You'll have two 6-month rotations and will be embedded into teams of your choice so you can exercise your curious mind
On the job Learning You'll get to learn from our professional software engineers, hone your skills and ship clean code to production
Supervisor & Buddy System You'll be assigned rotational supervisors who will ensure that you're on track with your goals and be paired with a buddy to support you through the program
SEEK Support You'll get to choose a mentor who will guide you on your SEEK path and have previous SEEK grad crews share their experiences.
Here's what we're looking for
Our grads are curious and enthusiastic about using tech to create awesome products for our much-loved customers and show great judgement to help us decide which problems we need to solve.
Sound like you? We want you to demonstrate your:
- Love for code - showcase your passion projects, GitHub profile, contributions to Stack Overflow, and if you attend any industry events or meetups
- Strong team orientation - you can listen and contribute in equal parts
- Ability to collaborate, be curious and not be afraid to be yourself
- Work experience
- Contributions to your community (e.g., volunteering).
Now is not the time to be shy - highlight anything that shows us how you stand out in your resume and cover letter.
To be eligible for our program you:
- Are in your final year of study or have recently completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in any field (preferably Computer Science or Software Engineering) OR
- Have graduated within two years of applying with no more than 2 years discipline-related experience OR
- Have completed industry training and/or certifications with no more than 2 years of discipline-related experience
- Are ready to move to Melbourne (if you're not already here) for a Feb 2023 start.
Working rights requirements:
- Australian citizenship, an Australian Permanent Visa, or a Special Category Visa (if a New Zealand citizen living in Australia).
- If you hold a temporary work visa (e.g., Temporary Graduate, secondary 457/TSS, provisional Partner visa), you will need:
- To hold a valid visa for 18 months for the length of the program.
To be further considered for a company-sponsored visa, a further minimum 6-month relevant full-time equivalent work experience would be required prior to application.
Here's more of the good stuff
- Hackathons – 3 days, twice a year
- We’ve got 14 different leave options to suit your needs, including 5 days Flexi leave
- Budget for training and access to our own SEEK learning and development programs
- Entertainment and events including SEEK Slam, SEEK Soccer, Footy and annual family carnival days.
What can you expect from our hiring process?
- Code challenge – show us your amazing coding skills
- Video responses – answer a few questions in your own time
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to our Assessment Day – you will meet our lead technical staff and have the opportunity to participate in a number of activities.
For interstate candidates, we’ll give you a hand with travel if required.
Applications close on Sunday the 29th of May 2022
At SEEK we pride ourselves on harbouring a flexible and inclusive work environment. Should you require any specific supports or adjustments throughout the recruitment process and beyond, please advise us, and we will be happy to assist.
For this role, only those candidates with the eligible right to work will be considered.
At SEEK, the health and safety of our people is our highest priority. For this reason, SEEK has introduced a policy requiring all employees and visitors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 within our offices, unless a formal medical exemption applies. In addition, all employees attending in-person work related meetings or events outside the office will also need to be fully vaccinated. We have chosen to share this information early in our hiring process, so that candidates can make an informed choice. On this basis, as part of the application process you will be asked to confirm that you have read and understood this policy, and would like to continue with the hiring process. Further details about this policy will be shared during the hiring process, as required.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Architecture, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Working...
- Closing Date:29th May 2022, 1:59 pm