Plate and Steel Industries is a division of Sell & Parker (an Australian owned private company) and has been offering steel plate profiling and processing services since 1965. The company stocks a large range, in different steel plate grades between 3mm-300mm.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Due to a growth in business and operational needs, Plate and Steel Industries is looking for a talented Engineer to join the team!
As an engineer at Plate and Steel Industries you will be exposed to a broad range of technical roles within the organisation. You will interpret technical drawings from a customer PDF or DXF drawing file to create a formal customer quotation, produce CAD drawings to customer specifications and program Kinetic plasma cutting machines.
You will also liaise with customers to clarify technical details and to ensure the accuracy and commercial competitiveness of the quotation and drawings produced. The right candidate will be exposed to career growth opportunities in line with their skills and aspirations.
- Mechanical engineering degree or similar technical qualification.
- Advanced communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Able to read and interpret technical drawings is essential.
- Experience in drawing AutoCAD, SolidWorks or similar would be advantageous.
- High level organisation skills, ability to manage multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines.
- Clear problem solver, proven ability to understand and deal with difficult questions or situations.
- Strong computer literacy, proven experience with Microsoft packages is essential.
- Ability to attain and retain fitness for work (including clear Drug and Alcohol Screens)
- Currently have the right to work in Australia
- Pass a Police Check
If you feel you meet the requirements, have the right attributes and you are a highly motivated individual, APPLY NOW!
Sell and Parker is an Equal Opportunity employer; we pride ourselves on having great working conditions and placing safety at our number one priority.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:8th Aug 2022, 1:59 pm