Shine Lawyers Winter Clerkship 2017 - Victoria
Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we’re a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 650+ dedicated, professional people who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are proud to have strong damages-based litigation teams in our branches nationally that focus on many different areas of law including:
- bankruptcy and insolvency
- class actions
- medical negligence
- personal injuries
- professional negligence
- superannuation and insurance
This is an opportunity for a two-week paid clerkship program from 3 July 2017 until the 14 July 2017.
We are looking for law students in their final year of study who are client-focused, enjoy a high performance work environment, and have well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
A clerkship at Shine Lawyers will give insight into a large ASX-listed plaintiff litigation law firm, and will ensure you are well-positioned for any future graduate programs we offer.
Your two-week clerkship will commence with a one-day orientation program in your capital city where you will hear from several of our Partners and senior lawyers and learn more about Shine, our clients and some significant and ground-breaking cases we’ve run.
You will then have the opportunity to work with a number of our leading senior lawyers (available across our Sunshine, Dandenong, Geelong, and Melbourne CBD branches including client meetings, court attendance, meetings with experts and third parties, attendance at negotiation conferences and drafting memorandums.
- Law student, currently in your final year of studies
- Strong academic results (please clearly note your GPA on your application)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Diversity of experience and evidence of extra-curricular activities such as volunteering, community work and being an active members of associations will be favourably considered.
Applications are now open and close midnight Sunday 21st May 2017. Applications should be accompanied by your CV and academic transcript. Late applications will not be accepted.
Clerkship Locations: Sunshine, Dandenong, Geelong, and Melbourne CBD
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people who are passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do.
- opportunity to discovery your potential and learn practical legal skills
- opportunity to be considered for future graduate programs
- a progressive and supportive working and mentoring environment
We look forward to receiving your application. Note that all applicants will be informed of the outcome by 30 June 2017.