MPS Connect has more than 20 years’ experience in medication management. Today, we specialize in providing total medication management solutions to the aged care industry in two ways. The first is our MPS Medica medication management software that connects GPs to pharmacists to aged care facilities, their care staff and residents. It saves time, minimizes documentation and reduces preventable medications incidents.
The second is MPS Pak - the safe, accurate and timely solution to medication disbursement. We pack and distribute over one million medication “packettes” for more than 800 aged care homes and community pharmacies around the country. Whether you’re prescribing, dispensing or administering medication, MPS Connect makes the entire process easier and safer. MPS Connect - delivering better health outcomes for Australia’s aged care residents.
An exciting role is now available for a Graduate Accountant to join the opportunity rich environment at MPS for a 12 month fixed term, based in our Eight Mile Plains head office in QLD. Reporting to the Commercial Manager and joining the team comprising qualified accountants, you will have the opportunity to look after a range of activities and learn whilst on the job.
- Preparation and posting of journal entries.
- Data summary & analysis.
- General Ledger Reconciliations.
- Support Financial Accountant.
Product cost analysis
- Purchase Price Variance analysis.
- Product costing analysis.
- Support inventory valuation reporting.
- Monthly supplier reports.
- Complete bank reconciliations.
Accounts Payable & Receivable
- Support Accounts Payable & Receivable functions.
- Undertake own work practices in a safe manner and comply with the instructions given for workplace health and safety within the organization.
- Deliver upon what is expected whilst aligning behavior with the company’s vision, mission and values.
To be considered for this exciting Graduate Accountant Opportunity, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following technical attributes and qualifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting/Commerce/Business completed or in final year.
- Provide accurate reporting of the numbers.
- Identifying issues and opportunities with the numbers.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn new software systems.
- Ability to proactively seek solutions.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office, in particular Microsoft Excel.
The personal behaviors we expect you to have include:
- A valued team member who aligns their behavior with the company’s vision, mission and values (Accountable, Respectful, Collaborative, Honest and Innovative).
What’s on offer
When you join MPS, a part of Sigma Healthcare, you join an Australian success story with over 100 years of proud history and you:
- Work for an organization that plays a unique role in supporting healthy communities.
- Play a role in driving our culture of Accountability, Respect, Collaboration, Honesty and Innovation.
- Advance your skills and experience.
- Access to hybrid flexible working arrangements.
- Enjoy great employee benefits.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a national criminal background check as a condition of employment.
The role is based in our office located at Eight Mile Plains, with free onsite parking available.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Accounting, Business and Commerce
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:24th May 2021, 1:59 pm