Sims is a global leader in metal and e-recycling. With facilities across the globe, Sims plays an intrinsic role in the circular economy by making resources available for future use. As a responsible corporate citizen, we continuously seek new ways to broaden our participation in the environmental sector, ensuring that our future is as bright, safe, and secure as at any time in our long history.
Your new role
We are seeking a highly motivated WHS/EHS graduate to join our exciting and unique Graduate Program. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to grow professionally and personally through various rotations across our business. This is an entry-level role for someone who wants to jumpstart their career and develop skills in risk management, internal auditing, and be involved in the development of EHS policies and procedures.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with front-line supervisors and workers to understand how work is done and how variability and context impacts on safe operations
- Working with operations on the effective use of EHS tools such as Risk Assessment and Critical Control Verification
- Providing improvement guidance and support corrective action development and continuous improvement opportunities and recording findings/actions in the data management system.
- Participating in daily safety talks, discussing site hazards and risks and facilitating use of the data management system
- Supporting the investigation of significant EHS non-conformances or incidents, and identify and communicate corrective actions
- Providing insight on process hazards, Safe Work Procedures and Job Safety Analysis.
- Supporting the management of workers’ compensation, injury management, and return-to-work and rehabilitation policy and processes, where required
To be successful in this opportunity, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Work Health and Safety (WHS) or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of WHS legislation
- Driver’s licence
- Ability to work effectively with a broad range of individuals at multiple levels
- Ability to prioritise tasks and achieve agreed timelines
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communications and presentation skills
- Good computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
In return, we offer:
- Career developing opportunity where you will gain exposure to our operations
- Make an impact in an organisation focused on environmental sustainability!
- A supportive and collaborative team environment where you will gain a diverse range of work experience
Click ‘Apply’ and upload your resume & cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
More About us
Sims is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value the diversity of all of our employees, and we are committed to creating a working environment that is built on a foundation of respect and inclusion where everyone can contribute, advance on merit, and realize their full potential.
With a promote-from-within philosophy and a variety of programs available to support continuous learning, Sims offers the opportunity for a rewarding career. We are committed to the ecologically sound and sustainable use of resources and strive to operate in a manner that minimizes waste and protects the environment.
A career with Sims provides you with the opportunity to work with an organization whose goal is to be the world’s safest and most responsible recycling company. Our people achieve this by creating a zero-harm workplace, being exemplary members of the communities in which we operate, and being responsible stewards of the environment. We also offer competitive pay and a range of attractive benefits.
Visit www.simsltd.com for more information on Sims and its commitment to sustainability.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Human Resources, Recruitment
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:7th Aug 2022, 1:59 pm