CANDIDATES NEED TO BE AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN OR PERMANENT RESIDENT.
SMARDT is the world's largest manufacturer of oil-free centrifugal chillers. With operations in Australia, Canada, USA, Germany and China, SMARDT's revolutionary high efficiency machines are driving rapid growth across key world markets.
The Graduate Design Engineer is responsible for the production and delivery of engineering design and documentation to ensure on time delivery of new and improved Product offerings.
- Preparing detailed, high quality design documentation for components and Product ensuring clarity in specification requirements to ensure manufacture of high quality Product in accordance with Product development plans
- Preparing 3D CAD modelling and 2D fabrication and assembly drawings as required to ensure on time delivery of new and improved Product developments
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure requirements and collaboratively manage any risk to the on time delivery of Product development plans
- Generating technical documentation supporting the marketing and sales of Product
- Preparing work instructions, maintenance manuals, P&ID diagrams, instructions for use, Factory Acceptance Test templates and other associated engineering documentation
- Preparing/maintaining Bills of Material (BOM) for new and existing Product
- Carrying out engineering calculations and simulations to ensure compliant component selection and specification.
- Maintaining the integrity of design assets through PDM product data management system.
- Ensuring CAD models align with manufacturing and assembly steps for direct linkage to the enterprise resource planning system and metadata use.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience with 3D modelling software Inventor is highly preferred, if you are familiar with other software we will consider.
- Must have graduated in the last 2-3 years with Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) or similar.
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint) is required
- Familiarity with ASHREA/ANSI/ASME codes and design requirements is preferred
- Familiarity with HVAC controls systems is advantageous
- Familiarity with electrical systems is advantageous
- Familiarity with heat, cooling, refrigeration systems and ventilation systems is preferred
This is a great opportunity to join a global company based locally in Bayswater North.
All prospective employees must successfully pass a pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol test and national police history check.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
SMARDT does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect to the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact SMARDT'S human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to SMARDT. In the absence of such written authorisation being undertaken, it shall be deemed that SMARDT will not be liable for any fees arising from such actions and referrals from employment/business agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
To apply for this position, please click the Apply Now button and submit your resume outlining your relevant skills and experience.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:6th Jul 2022, 1:59 pm