Softel Systems is offering a talented IT graduate the opportunity to join their Cyber Security Engineering team in Melbourne, which includes on-the-job training and development from experienced professionals. The role is to provide quality tier 2 and 3 technical support to end users and will involve being engaged in a diverse range of engineering activities and projects, with the view to fast tracking your development within the business. The role will also include becoming a domain expert in various products and technologies to support technical discussions on solving customers complex problems.
The successful applicant will be expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Develop conceptual solutions for customer problems
- Build proof of concept solutions and demonstrate technology
- Deploy and support our products in the field.
- Provide timely and accurate support to end-users (via email, over the phone and face to face) and escalate high-risk incidents as appropriate.
- Provide technical assistance to the Testing team when troubleshooting issues during various phases of system and integration testing.
- Provide technical instruction and basic training to end-users and new starters.
- Produce accurate and comprehensive documentation of installation and support processes.
- Liaise with the software development teams when troubleshooting issues in the field – you will be expected to understand and walkthrough code with a view to identifying and correcting problems.
- Assist in the development of scripts to automate and streamline our engineering practices – e.g. Software Deployment, Test Automation, Build Management and Performance Monitoring.
- Contribute to our R&D and product teams on suggested product improvements as you work closely with end users.
The role will provide an excellent opportunity to learn the inner workings of our products and will open-up opportunities for progression into senior engineering or leadership roles within the organisation.
Applicants ideally possess the following:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or IT related subjects
- A great team player with excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong technical knowledge in MS Windows, Unix and Scripting languages such as Python and PHP.
- Knowledge of networking protocols and strongly typed programming languages is also highly desirable.
- A high degree of motivation, energy, initiative and commitment, with the capacity to deal with multiple and often conflicting priorities, in sometimes challenging environments.
- Self-motivation and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to produce comprehensive documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the confidence and ability to communicate at all levels.
- A “can do” attitude and strong willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly.
- Enthusiastic personality.
What we offer:
You will be mentored by senior members of the engineering team who in turn will be responsible for helping develop you as a professional engineer. Softel is a growing business offering the training, opportunities and support you will need to begin and build a successful career in the software development industry.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Cyber Security, Engineering Software, Information Technology
- Work rights:
- Level 3, 26-28 Prospect StreetLocations:
- Closing Date:3rd Jun 2021, 12:59 pm