Softel is offering Software Engineering graduate(s) the opportunity to join our engineering team in Melbourne. The role will involve software development for industry leading products in the cyber security market. The role will include full software engineering lifecycle leveraging technology stacks to support solving customers complex problems. Softel operates in a niche area of the Cyber Security market developing products to make our world safer. Please refer to our website for more details.
Softel has graduate openings with commencements in November 2022 and February 2023. Please apply now for either graduate intake.
What we offer:
Softel is a growing Australian business offering training opportunities and support you will need to begin and build a successful career in the software development industry. This is an opportunity to start your professional career and be part of the team contributing to the growth of an Australian company.
You’ll be coached and mentored by experienced professionals and you will be able to further develop your technical skills in a supportive work environment. Our goal is to make you a valuable engineer in the Cyber Security market.
Softel offers a flexible work environment in a convenient city location.
Your initial role will be within the products team providing you with maximum visibility and experience in all engineering areas of the business which will open-up opportunities for progression into senior engineering or leadership roles within the organisation.
- Work as part of team to design and develop new and innovative software products and solutions for mission critical customer problems
- Develop test frameworks to support validation of developed applications
- Build proof of concept solutions and demonstrate technology
- Produce documentation to ensure the implemented design can be easily understood and consumed
Applicants ideally possess the following:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electronics or Communications)/Computer Science, or IT related subjects with strong emphasis on software development and networks
- A great team player with excellent verbal and written skills, and a “can do” attitude and strong willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- Strong technical knowledge in MS Windows, Unix and Scripting languages such as Python and PHP.
- Experience with .NET and/or C++
- Knowledge of networking protocols and strongly typed programming languages is also highly desirable.
- Eligibility for Australian Security Clearance is mandatory (Australian Citizen)
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Cyber Security, Engineering Software, Information Technology
- Work rights:
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Closing Date:2nd Sep 2022, 12:59 pm