Softel Systems is offering a talented Engineering/IT graduate the opportunity to join their Cyber Security Software Engineering team in Melbourne, which includes on-the-job training and development from experienced professionals. The role will involve hands on software development for industry leading products in the cyber security market. The role will include all aspects of software engineering to support solving customers complex problems.
The successful applicant will be expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Develop conceptual solutions for customer problems
- Software design and development to meet requirement specifications
- Develop test frameworks to support validation of developed applications
- Build proof of concept solutions and demonstrate technology
- Be involved in product and software development
- Work as part of team to develop new and innovative products to agreed specifications
The role will provide an excellent opportunity to learn the inner workings of our products and will open-up opportunities for progression into senior engineering or leadership roles within the organisation.
Applicants ideally possess the following:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electronics or Communications)/Computer Science, or IT related subjects with strong emphasis on software development and networks
- A great team player with excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong technical knowledge in MS Windows, Unix and Scripting languages such as Python and PHP.
- Knowledge of networking protocols and strongly typed programming languages is also highly desirable.
- A high degree of motivation, energy, initiative, and commitment, with the capacity to deal with multiple and often conflicting priorities, in sometimes challenging environments.
- Experience with .NET and/or C++
- Self-motivation and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to produce comprehensive documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the confidence and ability to communicate at all levels.
- A “can do” attitude and strong willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly.
- Enthusiastic personality.
What we offer:
You will be mentored by senior members of the software engineering team who in turn will be responsible for helping develop you as a professional engineer. Your initial role will be within the products team providing you with maximum visibility and experience in all engineering areas of the business. Softel is a growing business offering the training, opportunities and support you will need to begin and build a successful career in the software development industry.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Cyber Security, Engineering Software, Information Technology
- Work rights:
- Level 3, 26-28 Prospect StreetLocations:
- Closing Date:16th Sep 2021, 12:59 pm