South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminum, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realize the potential of their resources.
Illawarra Metallurgical Coal is a long term and leading coking coal supplier which operates two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
The positions will be based at our Appin or Dendrobium operations which are in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the coastal city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometers south and southwest of Sydney.
About the Graduate Program
As one of Australia’s top graduate employers, we offer bespoke programs designed specifically for you. Participants will be matched with a member of our team who will work with you to create goals that are aligned to your interests and strengths to help you kick-start your future career.
Throughout the program, you will be offered unique opportunities to:
- Learn and excel in your day to day work supported by comprehensive frameworks.
- Gain exposure to high-quality operations based on your unique career pathway.
- Support an improvement initiative with genuine business impacts.
- Develop technically in a bespoke two to three-year program.
- Grow personally and professionally in a dynamic, inclusive and supportive culture.
- Receive dedicated support from graduate buddies and senior leaders.
- Participate in an environment which embraces innovation and collaboration.
- Receive competitive salaries, education and career development.
For more information about our graduate program, please visit; https://www.south32.net/people-careers/graduates-students.
We’re targeting students in their final year who are studying:
- Mining Engineering.
You will need to be in your final year, set to graduate by December 2021, of a relevant university degree and have the right to live and work in Australia. You will be willing to complete a medical assessment and be available to commence work in February 2022.
Why choose us?
We’re always looking for our future colleagues, leaders and technical experts.
We attract talented people with exceptional skills who share our values of care, togetherness, trust and excellence and want to make a difference with the work that they do.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our website. We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Applications for this job will close on Wednesday 12th May, 2021.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Mechanical, Planning and Surveying
- Work rights:
- Variuos across AustraliaLocations:
Regional New South...
- Closing Date:12th May 2021, 1:59 pm