An exciting opportunity is available for a graduating or recently graduated chemical engineer to work with a fast growing Australian owned company.
Southern Oil Refining (SOR) is a rapidly growing company based in Wagga Wagga, NSW. The company operates two oil re-refineries providing a cradle-to-cradle recycling solution for used lubricating oil generated within Australia.
Due to continued success in this sector, SOR has a need for a graduate chemical engineer to join the operations team based in Bomen, NSW with the opportunity / flexability to spend time Yarwun, QLD sites
Initially reporting to the Refinery Manager, you will spend time working in operations, process monitoring/optimisation and small projects across the businesses various endeavours.
This role provides opportunity for varied experiences, learning and career development. You will be working alongside an intimate and supportive team of engineers, scientists and operations staff.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Daily process and failure monitoring
- Plant optimisation with regard to yield maximisation and energy efficiency
- Engineering design and management of small scale projects
- Provide leadership, knowledge and mentoring to operations staff
- Review and updating of standard operating procedures
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in chemical engineering with 0-3 years of industry experience
- Enthusiasm, focus and willingness to "roll up the sleeves" when required
- Capability to work autonomously and within teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership potential is a must
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
New South Wales
- Closing Date:8th Aug 2022, 1:59 pm