Southern Rural Water (SRW) is proud to be the lifeblood of the agricultural economy of southern Victoria. With assets valued at approximately $1.4 billion, our irrigation districts deliver water from catchment to farm gate. As regulators of surface and groundwater, we provide fair, equitable and sustainable access to water resources. Our services support farmers to generate high quality, fresh and local produce, much of which ends up upon tables across the globe ready to be enjoyed by consumers.
There has never been a better time to join SRW as we embark on a period of transformational change, providing great value for customers and community through excellence in rural water management.
Part Time Limited Term (0.6 FTE 12 month contract)
Band A: $27,864 - $36,904 per annum (pro rata figure based on FTE) plus 10% statutory superannuation
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated undergraduate to join our Finance Team as the Undergraduate Accountant. Under the guidance of the Management Accountant you will gain invaluable professional financial experience including on the job training, informal learning experiences and professional support, all while still completing your qualification.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Monitor, and undertake necessary transaction processing
- Complete, monthly processing of transactions
- Process daily bank and other cash receipt files
- Credit card processing, reporting and monitoring associated compliance
- Complete monthly journals as directed by the Management Accountant
- Assist budget owners with queries of actual expenditure and reforecasting
This role provides important assistance to the Management Accountant throughout annual financial budget compilation, as well as ad-hoc support to the Accounting Manager as required.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate how they meet the key selection criteria below:
- Currently studying undergraduate degree in accounting, financial management or similar qualification.
- High level of attention to detail and efficiency.
- Good communication skills to work effectively as part of a small, independent team.
- Successful time management skills, especially in relation to meeting deadlines.
- Good analytical and report writing skills.
How to Apply
Applications should be made online by clicking 'Apply' before midnight Sunday 7 Novewmber 2021 or by visiting our website: www.srw.com.au
Please take the time to describe how your knowledge, skills and abilities relate to the Key Selection Criteria as part of your online application.
A Position Description for this position can be obtained from this link.
Southern Rural Water is committed to diversity and inclusion in employment and is proud to encourage applications from people of different backgrounds, abilities, ages, genders, gender identities and/or sexual orientations.
Southern Rural Water acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the lands and waters we work with and within, and pay respects to Elders past, present and emerging.
Maffra 3860 Sale 3850
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2021, 12:59 pm