Are you a recently graduated civil engineer, ready to embark on your career journey? Spiire’s Canberra team is currently seeking a Graduate Civil Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary team and support the delivery of land development and infrastructure projects!
Spiire’s Canberra team have enjoyed considerable growth and exciting project diversity over the last 12 months and there is no better time for a passionate graduate to join them as they continue on this exciting journey. Your development will be front of mind and our experienced team of consultants are enthusiastic to grow the future technical experts and leaders of Spiire!
At Spiire, we believe our culture is our difference. We’re a forward-thinking, people-centric business that recognises the importance of working as one team towards a common goal.
As a successful and growing employee-owned business, we recognise and reward the contributions of our people and provide real opportunities and pathways for career progression.
We’ve built a vibrant team culture and inspiring environment for our people to grow as we grow.
We are an integrated team of passionate civil engineers, landscape architects, surveyors, town planners, urban designers, visual media artists and water engineers providing specialist services to the property and infrastructure sectors.
Our team of more than 300 people work across our Melbourne, Canberra, Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo, Shepparton, Gippsland and Albury / Wodonga offices.
Our expert local knowledge, strong connections to industry and collaborative approach underpin the exceptional and pragmatic outcomes we deliver for our clients.
About the role
As a graduate in our Canberra Office, you can expect to become technically proficient, hone your consulting skills, travel to Melbourne to attend graduate days and network with our cohort of over 40 graduates and students across all of Spiire’s disciplines and geographies.
Day to day, your responsibilities will include:
- Work across a range of projects for both government and private sector clients from inception to completion
- Support the Senior Engineers in the design of roads, sub-divisions and drainage, main drainage, traffic control and management, reserves (both recreational and passive), water and sewerage reticulation and infrastructure and other related works
- Preparing documentation for design, tender and construction phases
- Attending meetings and briefings, communicate with agencies, authorities and clients where required or directed
- Attend formal training sessions and network with our graduate and student cohort.
You’re driven and enthusiastic about making a difference in the environment in which we live. You’ll demonstrate:
- Recently graduated from civil engineering degree with 6 months – 2 years experience
- Experience in AutoCad, some 12D knowledge would be looked upon favourably
- Passion for land development, consulting and the future of our communities
- A hunger for learning and desire to put your knowledge into practice
- Excellent and confident communications skills, both written and oral
Why choose Spiire?
We believe in our staff and they value what we do – it’s why they join and stay. We will give you the tools to help you:
- Shape your career progression with structured internal training programs and personalised development plans
- Learn from skilled professionals in an environment built on inclusive collaboration, including through structured mentoring programs
- Explore opportunities for secondment and integrated learning across our eight offices and eight disciplines
- Connect with your colleagues through regular social initiatives including team events, social club and happy hours
- Enjoy the amazing breakout zones including pool or tennis tables and collaborative workspaces in our office environments
Ready to embark on your career journey with Spiire? Please follow the link below to apply. For more information on Spiire, check out our website at www.spiire.com.au
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- Locations:Regional ACT
- Closing Date:11th Jan 2022, 12:59 pm