Enrolled Nurse Graduate Program March 2022
Permanent Full time and Part time Positions
Join an Organisation where we Serve Something Greater; See Something Greater; and Strive for Something Greater!
ABOUT YOUR NEW ROLE:
Our Program aims to facilitate your transition from student to Enrolled Nurse. We are completely committed to developing your career and ensuring that your graduate year will be an exciting and rewarding experience. We are proud to offer one of the highest graduate to nurse educator ratios in the state, so you can be confident that you will have the support you need to achieve your goals. All of our education team members are hands on and are willing to assist you.
Our graduates receive extensive clinical support on each rotation, you will be allocated a preceptor and there is a clinical coach to provide hands on bedside clinical support and education in a friendly and supportive manner with an education consultant that oversees the entire program.
We recognize that as an undergraduate you may have had limited opportunities to explore different clinical areas. Our program is designed to give you these opportunities so that in the future you will have a better understanding of where you would like to focus your nursing career and consolidate your nursing skills.
You will have the opportunity to care for patients who have had highly acute and complex procedures such as open heart surgery, acute interventional cardiac procedures, major orthopaedic and reconstructive surgery, craniotomies and spinal surgery, major abdominal and vascular surgery.
Our Program has been designed to:
- offer you a wide range of rotation options so that you gain comprehensive clinical experience,
- enable you to use your evidence based knowledge to achieve quality patient outcomes,
- increase your confidence and strengthen your skills base,
- develop your ability to work independently and as a team member,
- enhance your decision making and critical thinking skills,
allow you to enjoy your nursing career.
The program is conducted across our four hospitals (Fitzroy, East Melbourne, Werribee and Kew) and graduates should expect to rotate to different campuses.
- Two 6 month rotations that will allow you to enhance decision making skills and critical thinking skills across ward and specialty areas
- Graduates have the opportunity to nominate which clinical areas they would like to rotate to and we try very hard to match you with your requests. You do not need to have undergraduate experience in any of the clinical areas.
- We offer full time and part time positions (minimum of 8 shifts a fortnight)
Who is Eligible?
The 2022 Enrolled Nurse Graduate Program is offered to nursing graduates:
- Who are Registered with APHRA as an Enrolled Nurse (Diploma of Nursing qualification with full IV endorsement) no earlier than July 2021
- Availability to commence the program on Monday 7th Of March 2022
WHY WORK FOR SVPHM:
You will join a high performing team and a workplace with relationships built on mutual trust and respect. We value our staff and offer professional advancement in a respectful, collaborative and learning environment.
- Join the St Vincent's Health Australia Group, and work for a truly values based organisation, who operate across VIC, NSW and QLD
- Salary packaging available (pay less tax and increase your take home pay!)
- Gain access to discounted gym membership through Fitness Passport
- Option to join our workplace giving program, Give4Good
- A great work life balance with options to purchase additional leave
- Receive a staff discount on hospital admissions to any SVHA Private Hospital
We welcome applications from all TAFE's throughout Australia. You don't have to have completed a clinical placement with us to apply.
- Applications open: Monday 4th October 2021
- Applications close: Midday Friday 22nd October 2021
- Interviews Commence: Monday 25th October 2021
You will be required to register you details on Workday and upload a document (any document is fine) to complete your registration
You can post (express and registered post recommended) your application or hand deliver to the drop box located at the entrance to the hospital ( St Vincent's Private Hospital FITZROY) between the two sets of glass doors.
You will not have to enter the hospital or be COVID screened.
Application must include:
- A covering letter
- Succinct Curriculum Vitae, outlining your clinical placements and work experience (no more than three pages), with two professional referees, one of whom must be from an adult acute care placement of two weeks or longer
- A certified copy of academic transcript with legend
- A certified copy of your acute care placement logbook including formative and summative appraisals and competencies
- A passport size photo
Please address your application to:
Enrolled Nurse Graduate Program Coordinator
St Vincent's Private Hospital Fitzroy
59 Victoria Parade
Fitzroy VIC 3065
We are committed to equal employment opportunity, ethical practices, the principles of cultural diversity and promote a smoke free work environment.
St Vincent's Health Australia is committed to reconciliation and encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for all advertised positions. For further information, visit https://www.svha.org.au/about-us/reconciliation or get in contact at [email protected]
Criminal record and/or child protection checks will be conducted and will form part of the selection criteria for this role.
SVPHM has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) in healthcare settings. You are therefore required to comply with the SVHA Staff Health Screening Immunisation Policy, which, depending on the role you perform in the organisation will require you to undergo mandatory immunisations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations).
HAVE A QUESTION AND WANT TO KNOW MORE:
Enrolled Nurse Program Coordinator
Phone: (03) 9411 7331
Email: [email protected]
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Health, Nursing and Midwifery
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent...
- Closing Date:13th Oct 2021, 12:59 pm