Enrolled Nurse Transition to Practice Graduate Program 2022
- Part Time, Fixed term (32 hours per week)
- Intake commencing 21 March 2022
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Excellent benefits including salary packaging
About the Graduate Nurse Program
We are seeking EN Graduates for our 2022 Enrolled Nurse Transition to Practice Program (ENTPP) who are committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients, will strive to increase their knowledge and skills, and are motivated team members and who demonstrate critical thinking whilst embracing the values of our Health Service.
The program offers you the opportunity to practice in a supportive environment that will facilitate your transition to the role of Enrolled Nurse (EN) and enable you to further consolidate your knowledge, skills and competence in order to help you reach your professional potential.
Our Enrolled Nurse Transition to Practice Program is a 12 month program, offering three 4 month rotations, with supported succession planning that will allow you to achieve your future career goals.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists for EN Graduate Nurses to join our team at St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne in the 2022 Enrolled Nurse Transition to Practice Program.
Under the guidance of the Graduate Nurse Coordinators, Practice Development Nurses, Nurse Unit Managers and Nursing teams, you will be responsible for the delivery of high quality patient care in your specific rotation areas.
- Current National criminal history check, or willingness to obtain
- Participate in the Enrolled Nurse Transition to Practice Program
- Provide quality patient centred care
- Manage the physical and emotional well-being of the patient
- Document, observe and report relevant nursing findings within the framework of nursing practice
- Complete clinical handover in accordance with hospital/unit based policies and procedures
- Liaise with all other components of the health service, primary care providers, consumers, carers, and a broad range of community-based agencies, rehabilitation and support services, general hospital settings and other services
- Participate in unit/ clinical area meetings and area based quality activities
- Participate in ongoing education nursing forums and area based education sessions as required or requested
- Complete clinical competencies and reflective journal entries as required
- Work within the standards of practice for Enrolled Nurses from the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Applicants must be completing a Diploma of Nursing (no earlier than March 2021) and be eligible for AHPRA registration as an Enrolled Nurse
- Hold Australian citizenship, permanent residency or New Zealand citizenship
- Professional personal presentation and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate within a "patient centred care" framework
- Ability to facilitate team outcomes in a multidisciplinary environment
- Commitment to ongoing education and professional development
- Ability to prioritise patient care and demonstrate appropriate time management skills.
What we Offer
- Salary Packaging - Increase your take home pay!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ability to join Fitness Passport - Your pass to an extensive choice of fitness facilities
- Staff Health Centre
- CBD Location, close to Public Transport and close to lots of car parks
- Discounts and Promotions always available through our Foundation
- Career development & advancement encouraged
- Culture of continuous improvement
Working at St Vincent's
St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services and is driven by values of Compassion, Justice, Integrity and Excellence.
Applications must include
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum of three pages)
- Cover letter (maximum of one page)
- Two professional referees (either clinical teacher, Preceptor or senior nurse to whom you have recently reported to)
- Academic transcript to date, with results legend
- Two acute clinical placement reports (entire report required) - most recent available (certified copies)
- Passport size photo
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Inclusion is essential to our mission and diversity reflects the community we serve.
Please visit our website, for further information regarding our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment at SVHM.
SVHA has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases in healthcare settings. You may therefore be required to undergo mandatory immunisations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations).
- Job type:Event
Health, Nursing and Midwifery
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent...
- Closing Date:14th Oct 2021, 1:59 pm