- Hawthorn Community Mental Health Service
- Full Time, Fixed Term position for 24 months
- Occupational Therapist (OT1), Social Worker (SW1)
About the Company
St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is part of St Vincent's Health Australia and a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service which employs more than 6,500 staff across 18 sites throughout Melbourne. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services including acute medical and surgical services, sub-acute care, medical diagnostics, rehabilitation, allied health, mental health, palliative care, correctional health and community residential care. SVHM is one of Australia's leading Catholic not-for-profit healthcare providers.
About Hawthorn Community Mental Health Service
St. Vincent's Mental Health (SVMH) includes an adult area mental health service for the inner city areas of Yarra and Boroondara. The Hawthorn Community Mental Health Service provides assessment, treatment and case management to individuals aged between 18 and 64 years of age with mental illness. The Grade 1 Clinician will provide case management whilst gaining specialist skills and experience.
You will join a dynamic community mental health team operating under a recovery-oriented model of care, utilizing the Strengths Model of Case Management.
About the Role
Are you interested in developing a career in Mental Health? St Vincent's Mental Health is seeking a keen and motivated Grade 1 allied health clinician to join the service.
You will carry a caseload, undertake duty functions (the direct patient intake process) at Hawthorn Clinic and provide outreach and appointment based services. From time to time, with appropriate supervision, you will undertake mental health crisis work in community settings, as well as attend the Emergency Department and Acute Inpatient Service.
As an entry level position, your caseload will be discounted to reflect your skill and capability level, and you will receive discipline specific supervision and team based mentoring.
Classifications for this position will range from OT/SW Grade 1 YB14 - YB19 or YC36 - YC41 ($63,622 - $81,286 per annum pro rata)
- Work within the Strengths Model of recovery orientated practice
- Build a therapeutic alliance with the consumer and family/carers and actively engage them in the planning, delivery and evaluation of their care
- Undertake the assessment, provision of treatment and delivery of targeted interventions to consumers with complex mental health related needs and their family/carers in line with SVMH policies and strategic direction
- Utilise discipline-specific skills as appropriate and as required by consumers, their family/carers and the Service
- Assist in the provision of primary, secondary and tertiary consultation services, community development and education, liaison and linkage to other agencies that also provide support to people with mental illnesses as required. This includes participating in and contributing to locally held portfolios
- Display active participation in professional development and ongoing learning opportunities
- Work collaboratively within the multi-disciplinary team
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Approved degree in Social Work, and eligible for membership of AASW
- Approved degree in Occupational Therapy and registration with AHPRA
- Overseas qualified SWs require endorsement by AASW and must be able to provide evidence of this
- Overseas qualified OTs require endorsement by AHPRA and must be able to provide evidence of this
- Current Victorian Driving License
- Salary Packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff Health Centre
- Staff Car Park
- Please attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
At SVHM we acknowledge the importance of creating a work environment that is welcoming, safe, equitable and inclusive for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Employees and we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. If you would like further information, contact our Indigenous Recruitment Coordinator through our careers page.
SVHA has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) in healthcare settings. You are therefore required to comply with the SVHA Staff Health Screening Immunisation Policy, which, depending on the role you perform in the organisation will require you to undergo mandatory immunisations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations).
All appointments are made subject to the candidate providing a current satisfactory National Police Certificate conducted by The Victoria Police.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We encourage you to apply promptly as the advertisement may close early should a suitable applicant be sourced
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Health, Physio and Occupational Therapy
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:30th Jun 2021, 1:59 pm