- Hawthorn Community Mental Health Service
- Full Time, Fixed Term opportunity for 24 months
- Occupational Therapist (OT1), Social Worker (SW1)
About the Role
Are you interested in developing a career in Mental Health? St Vincent's Mental Health is seeking a keen and motivated Grade 1 allied health clinician to join the service.
You will carry a caseload, undertake duty functions (the direct patient intake process) at Hawthorn Clinic and provide outreach and appointment based services. From time to time, with appropriate supervision, you will undertake mental health crisis work in community settings, as well as attend the Emergency Department and Acute Inpatient Service.
As an entry level position, your caseload will be discounted to reflect your skill and capability level, and you will receive discipline specific supervision and team based mentoring.
Classifications for this position will range from OT/SW Grade 1 YB14 - YB19 or YC36 - YC41 ($63,622 - $81,286 per annum pro rata)
- Work within the Strengths Model of recovery orientated practice
- Build a therapeutic alliance with the consumer and family/carers and actively engage them in the planning, delivery and evaluation of their care
- Undertake the assessment, provision of treatment and delivery of targeted interventions to consumers with complex mental health related needs and their family/carers
- Assist in the provision of primary, secondary and tertiary consultation services, community development and education, liaison and linkage to other agencies
- Work collaboratively within the multidisciplinary team
- Approved degree in Social Work, and eligible for membership of AASW
- Approved degree in Occupational Therapy and registration with AHPRA
- Overseas qualified SWs require endorsement by AASW and must be able to provide evidence of this
- Overseas qualified OTs require endorsement by AHPRA and must be able to provide evidence of this
- Current Victorian Driving License
- National Criminal History Check, or willing to obtain
What We Offer
- Salary Packaging - Increase your take home pay!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ability to join Fitness Passport - Your pass to an extensive choice of fitness facilities
- Staff Health Centre
- Close to Public Transport and car parks
- Discounts and Promotions available through our Foundation
- Career development & advancement encouraged
- Culture of continuous improvement
About Hawthorn Community Mental Health Service
St. Vincent's Mental Health (SVMH) includes an adult area mental health service for the inner city areas of Yarra and Boroondara. The Hawthorn Community Mental Health Service provides assessment, treatment and case management to individuals aged between 18 and 64 years of age with mental illness. The Grade 1 Clinician will provide case management whilst gaining specialist skills and experience.
You will join a dynamic community mental health team operating under a recovery-oriented model of care, utilizing the Strengths Model of Case Management.
Working at St Vincent's
St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services and is driven by values of Compassion, Justice, Integrity and Excellence.
- Please attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We encourage you to apply promptly as the advertisement may close early should a suitable applicant be sourced.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Inclusion is essential to our mission and diversity reflects the community we serve.
Please visit our website, for further information regarding our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment at SVHM
SVHA has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases in healthcare settings. You may therefore be required to undergo mandatory immunisations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations).
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Health, Psychology and Counselling
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent...
- Closing Date:1st Oct 2021, 1:59 pm