SVHM 2022 Mainstream Graduate Registered Nurse Program
- 100+ positions available in 2022
- 3 intakes commencing January 24, March 7 and May 23
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- About St Vincent's Hospital
St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is part of St Vincent's Health Australia and a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service which employs more than 6,000 staff across 18 sites throughout Melbourne. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services including acute medical and surgical services, sub-acute care, medical diagnostics, rehabilitation, allied health, mental health, palliative care, correctional health and community residential care. SVHM is one of Australia's leading Catholic not-for-profit healthcare providers.
About the Program
We are seeking Graduates for our 2022 Graduate Registered Nurse Program who are committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients, who strive to increase their knowledge and skills, are motivated team members and who demonstrate critical thinking whilst embracing the values of our Health Service.
Within our clinical areas, Graduate Nurses are encouraged to make the most of the extensive learning opportunities and care for patients with a range of clinical conditions. St Vincent's assists individuals to identify strengths and develop strategies for further growth and professional development.
Our Graduate Registered Nurse Program is a twelve month, part time (0.8EFT) program, with two six month rotations which offers supported succession planning that will allow you to achieve your future career goals. Following successful completion of the Program, you will be offered ongoing employment with St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne.
About the Role
Exciting opportunities exist for Graduate Nurses to join our team at St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne in the 2022 Graduate Registered Nurse Program.
Under the guidance of the Graduate Nurse Program Coordinators, Practice Development Nurses, Nurse Unit Managers and nursing teams, you will be responsible for the delivery of high quality patient care in your specific areas.
- Provide high quality patient centred care
- Manage both the physical and emotional well-being of the patient
- Administer medication safely in accordance with hospital policies, procedures and protocols
- Observe, report and document relevant nursing findings as per hospital policy and adjust patient care accordingly
- Liaise with patients, patient families, medical and allied health as required or requested to facilitate the delivery of high quality patient care
- Facilitate effective admission and discharge processes in accordance with hospital or unit guidelines
- Participate in ongoing professional development by attending training and study days as per the Graduate Nurse Program requirements
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Candidates must be completing a Bachelor of Nursing in 2021 and be eligible for registration as a Grade 2 Registered Nurse in 2022
- Professional personal presentation and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate within a "patient centred care" framework
- Ability to facilitate team outcomes in a multidisciplinary environment
- Commitment to ongoing education and professional development
- Ability to prioritise patient care and demonstrate appropriate time management skills
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff Health Centre
- Staff Car Park
- SVHM Fitness Passport - Your pass to an extensive choice of fitness facilities
Online Applications must include
- Cover Letter (one page)
- Resume (maximum three pages)
- Passport photo
- Academic Transcript
- Acute Care Clinical Placement Reports x 2 -third year or most recent available. Entire report required (certified copies requested if not electronic format). Mental Health and Midwifery placements will not be accepted unless advised by the
- Graduate Nurse Program Coordinators.
- One referee - either clinical teacher or registered nurse you have worked with.
All appointments are made subject to the candidate providing a current satisfactory National Police Certificate conducted by The Victoria Police.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Health, Nursing and Midwifery
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:19th Jul 2021, 1:59 pm