We Want You!
For your grad year and beyond!
Mental Health Graduate Nurse
- We are offering multiple part time, permanent positions (32 hours per week - 0.8FTE)
- Commencing January 2021
These positions give you the time to grow and develop, as they are not time-limited contracts. We are convinced that once you join our service you will want to stay.
When submitting your application please ensure you include all of the following.
- a cover letter
- certified copy of academic transcript
- 2 x placement reports including mental health
About the Role
St Vincent's offers a unique and personalized Mental Health Graduate Nurse Program that provides the opportunity for a long and fulfilling career in mental health.
During your graduate year you will have the opportunity to learn and develop your skills in a supportive environment, working closely with your preceptor, and with regular specialized group supervision. You will gain credits towards a post-graduate diploma in mental health nursing which you will be supported to finalise in your second year. We will help you to explore a recovery-oriented approach to mental health services. You will be trained in the use of key recovery tools, and will be encouraged to develop your own creative recovery-orientated care strategies and you will work with our Lived Experience workforce.
These positions are part-time (0.8 EFT), to ensure work-life balance.
Classifications for these positions will be Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 2 Year 1 NP11 ($61,796 per annum pro rata)
About the Department.
In your graduate year, you will have the opportunity to explore beyond our adult and aged inpatient units. The inpatient mental health service includes a 44-bed adult acute inpatient unit for the cities of Yarra and Boroondara, and includes the Koori state-wide Inpatient Mental Health Service. There is also a 20 bed acute aged inpatient facility.
You may be offered the opportunity to discover other St Vincent's Mental Health Services including: Continuing Care Team, Crisis Assessment Team, ED Mental health, Triage and Extended Triage, Mobile Support Teams, Clarendon Homeless Outreach Psychiatric Service (CHOPS), Footbridge Continuing Care Unit (CCU), Victorian Dual Diagnosis Service (VDDS), Body Image Eating Disorders Treatment and Recovery Service (BETRS) and NEXUS (Concurrent Mental Illness and Substance Use Advisory Service).
About the Company
St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is part of St Vincent's Health Australia and a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service, which employs more than 6,000 staff across 18 sites throughout Melbourne. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services including acute medical and surgical services, sub-acute care, medical diagnostics, rehabilitation, allied health, mental health, palliative care, correctional health and community residential care. SVHM is one of Australia's leading Catholic not-for-profit healthcare providers.
What we offer:
- A values driven culture - St Vincent's prides itself in living the values of compassion, integrity, justice and excellence whilst providing care to all who need it.
- We will help you to grow in your career and inspire you to be the best you can be.
- Our STV MH GNP program will assist you in developing gain clinical skills and provide ongoing support
- Undertake mental state and psychosocial assessments of consumers and provide interventions in accordance with the WRAPÂ® and recovery orientated practice.
- Perform all clinical roles to the highest standard.
- Participate in consumer activities programs such as Inpatient groups, and consumer meetings.
- Participate in consumer assessment, care planning and discharge planning.
- Complete all clinical competencies in accordance to the time line recommended in the Educational requirements of the program.
- Support Consumers in becoming experts and leaders of their own care.
- Implement the principles and legal requirements of relevant legislation and the Mental Health Act 2014.
- Attend at least 15 sessions of supervision throughout the program as a means of improving knowledge and to qualify for credit points in this area of practice.
- Create a high level of consumer satisfaction through the level and nature of participation - this should be in keeping with the current National Practice Standards (NPS 2013)
- Develop knowledge of the roles of the carer consultant, consumer consultants and peer support workers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Registration with APHRA, Division 1
- Qualify as new graduate from recognised undergraduate nursing course
- Great salary packaging conditions
- Excellent leave entitlements
- Ongoing training and opportunity to grow and develop
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs that include a staff gym, staff health clinic, STAR access and EAP.
- A vibrant local environment to support work-life balance.
To be eligible for St Vincent's Graduate Nurse Programs applicants must have Australian or New Zealand Citizenship or permanent residence status. Victorian, Interstate and New Zealand applicants must apply to both the PMCV Computer Match and to St Vincent's Hospital.
Please upload all required documents when you are prompted to upload your CV/Resume.
All appointments are made subject to the candidate providing a current satisfactory National Police Certificate conducted by The Victoria Police.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We encourage you to apply promptly as the advertisement may close early should a suitable applicant be sourced.
At SVHM we acknowledge the importance of creating a work environment that is welcoming, safe, equitable and inclusive for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Employees and we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
MHTrainingEducation: [email protected]
Phone: 9231 4122
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Health, Nursing and Midwifery
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:22nd Jun 2021, 1:59 pm