- Registered or Endorsed Enrolled Nurse opportunity
- Permanent, full time position
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Rotating roster including night duty
About the Role
Working within the Ellerslie Unit's supportive team environment, you will be responsible for the delivery of high quality patient care as well as ensuring a safe environment for both patients and staff.
Additionally, you will:
- Demonstrate a Person Care Approach in all aspects of daily nursing practice
- Identify patient risks, such as skin integrity, falls, medication and respond appropriately for a positive outcome including VHIMS, documentation, corrective actions
- Liaise with patient, patient's family, medical and ancillary staff as required or requested
- Actively participate and contribute to all quality improvements including monthly audits
- Mentor and preceptor new staff, nursing graduates and undergraduates
Classifications for the RN position will range from YP3 - YP11 ($65,276 - $87,282 per annum). Classifications for the EN position will range from IB66 - IB72 ($61,530 - $71,141 per annum).
As a passionate, motivated Nurse you will bring experience in Acute, Subacute or Residential Aged Care to the role. Your exceptional interpersonal skills will see you liaise effectively with patients, visitors and staff at all levels as well as facilitate team outcomes in an multi-disciplinary environment.
You will also have:
- Current Nursing Registration with AHPRA
- Qualification in Nursing inclusive of the administration of medication
- Demonstrated competent clinical nursing skills
- Current National criminal history check, or willing to obtain
What we offer
- Salary Packaging - Increase your take home pay!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ability to join Fitness Passport - Your pass to an extensive choice of fitness facilities
- Staff Health Centre
- Discounts and Promotions always available through our Foundation
- Career development & advancement encouraged
- Culture of continuous improvement
About the Department
The SVHM Transition Care Program (TCP) provides maintenance therapy support, case management and restorative services for frail older clients, who are cared for by a skilled and compassionate multidisciplinary team. The TCP is located at Ellerslie Unit, St George's Health Service in Kew.
Working at St Vincent's
St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services and is driven by values of Compassion, Justice, Integrity and Excellence.
Please attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
We encourage you to apply promptly as the advertisement may close early should a suitable applicant be sourced.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Inclusion is essential to our mission and diversity reflects the community we serve.
Please visit our website, for further information regarding our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment at SVHM.
SVHA has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases in healthcare settings. You may therefore be required to undergo mandatory immunisations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations).
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Health, Nursing and Midwifery
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent...
- Closing Date:14th Sep 2021, 1:59 pm