- Part Time, Fixed term (32 hours per week)
- Intake commencing January 31st 2022
- Ongoing employment guaranteed after successful completion of the program
- Excellent benefits including salary packaging
About the Pathway to Specialty Practice Program
We are seeking Registered Nurses for our 2022 Pathway to Specialty Practice program (PSP) who are committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients, who strive to further develop and advance their knowledge and clinical expertise and are keen to take the next step in their career in specialty practice; demonstrating critical thinking whilst embracing the values of our Health Service.
Our Pathway to Specialty practice program is a twelve month, part time (0.8EFT, 32 hours per week) program, with two six month rotations offering you supported succession planning to achieve your future career goals, including support for articulation to postgraduate studies.
Pathway rotations are available in the speciality areas of Critical Care, Emergency, Cardiac, Neurosciences, Speciality Surgery, Speciality Medicine, Renal, Palliative Care/Cancer services, Theatre, Mental Health and Correctional Health. Applicants will be requested to identify their preferred pathway as part of their application process.
Within our streams, PSP participants are encouraged to make the most of the extensive learning opportunities and care for patients with a range of clinical conditions. St Vincent's assists individuals to identify strengths and develop strategies for further growth and professional development.
About the Role
Exciting opportunities exist for Registered Nurses to join our team at St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne in the 2022 Pathway to Specialty Practice program.
Ongoing employment is guaranteed following the successful completion of this program.
- Current National criminal history check, or willingness to obtain
- Provide high quality patient centred care
- Manage both the physical and emotional well-being of the patient
- Administer medication safely in accordance with hospital policies, procedures and protocols
- Observe, report and document relevant nursing findings as per hospital policy and adjust patient care accordingly
- Liaise with patients, patient families, medical and allied health as required or requested to facilitate the delivery of high quality patient care
- Facilitate effective admission and discharge processes in accordance with hospital or unit guidelines
- Participate in ongoing professional development by attending training and study days as per the Pathway to Specialty
- Practice program requirement.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Current Nursing Registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia via AHPRA
- Bachelor Degree in General Nursing which meets the registration requirements of the Nursing and Midwifery board of Australia
- Successful completion of a Graduate Nurse Program.
- Excellent clinical nursing skills and knowledge
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing educational and professional development
- Demonstrated understating of professional nursing issues.
- Demonstration of ability to facilitate team outcomes in a multidisciplinary environment
- Demonstrated ability to assist and support change
What we Offer
- Ongoing employment is guaranteed following the successful completion of this program.
- Salary Packaging - Increase your take home pay!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ability to join Fitness Passport - Your pass to an extensive choice of fitness facilities
- Staff Health Centre
- CBD Location, close to Public Transport and close to lots of car parks
- Discounts and Promotions always available through our Foundation
- Career development & advancement encouraged
- Culture of continuous improvement
Working at St Vincent's
St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services and is driven by values of Compassion, Justice, Integrity and Excellence.
Applications must include:
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum of three pages)
- Cover letter (maximum of one page)
- Two professional referees
- Passport size photo
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Inclusion is essential to our mission and diversity reflects the community we serve.
Please visit our website, for further information regarding our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment at SVHM.
SVHA has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases in healthcare settings. You may therefore be required to undergo mandatory immunisations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations).
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Health, Nursing and Midwifery
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:14th Oct 2021, 12:59 pm