We are a major provider of electricity to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy users, our customers, throughout Australia. As a company that operates coal-fired power stations, it is Stanwell’s job right now to keep providing reliable electricity at prices that are affordable as the industry transitions to a lower carbon future.
While providing reliable and affordable energy for today, we are also exploring new generation and storage technologies that will help reduce emissions for tomorrow.
We recognise that a diverse, inclusive and safe business is essential to our culture and how we operate. We employ close to 700 employees and aim to create a workplace where everyone is included, treated fairly, respected, and given the opportunity to be the best that they can be.
Our values – We care, We adapt and We deliver – are integral to Stanwell’s culture. They drive the expected behaviours of our people and influence how we engage with our customers, suppliers, partners, and the local communities in which we operate.
About the position
Some of the highlights of this program include:
- Developing your capability across both health and safety and environment to strengthen your future career prospects.
- Rotating across our sites (Stanwell Power Station and Tarong Power Station) to broaden your exposure to our industry, site representatives and health, safety and environment (HSE) function.
- Interacting with people at all levels of our business to drive the HSE strategy.
- Participating in structured learning opportunities that support your progression towards professional certification.
- Assisting in the implementation of HSE improvement initiatives and risk management systems.
- Supporting site audit and reporting processes.
- Being involved in the planning and implementation of diverse HSE projects.
Is this position for you?
To make a meaningful contribution to our team, you will need:
- A degree in a science or technical related discipline where a specialisation in health, safety or environment is desirable.
- To be committed to rotate to our operational sites throughout the program (Kingaroy and Rockhampton). This is not a Brisbane based role.
- A personable attitude with a desire to build relationships across our diverse workforce.
- Well developed analytical, research and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for ongoing learning and development.
- Ability to work under broad direction and demonstrate initiative when responding to new projects or tasks.
- Solid digital literacy skills, including the ability to adapt to new systems.
What is in it for you?
- Be rewarded with above Award salary rates, supplemented by a generous incentive scheme.
- Have access to professional memberships as well as an online learning management system to continually support your development.
- Take advantage of our discounted gym memberships and health insurance, voluntary health check reimbursements, confidential EAP service access and various other exciting health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Be supported throughout your program by our mentors, subject matter experts and graduate program coordinator.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Environment, Health, Science, Utilities
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
Competitive rate + incentive scheme
- Position Start Date
January 31, 2022
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:8th Aug 2021, 1:55 pm