We are an energy business with a portfolio of electricity generation facilities throughout Queensland. We are a major provider of electricity to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy users throughout Australia.
As a company that operates gas and coal-fired power stations, it’s Stanwell’s job right now to keep providing reliable electricity at prices that are affordable as the industry transitions to a lower carbon future.
We are able to ramp generation from our coal-fired power stations up and down as needed, to let solar generation shine in the middle of the day, and still provide the electricity people need in the evenings. While providing reliable and affordable energy for today, we are also exploring new generation and storage technologies that will help reduce emissions for tomorrow.
We have a variety of income sources which allow us to achieve the best possible returns for our owners, the people of Queensland. We sell wholesale electricity and we have an electricity retail business.
At Stanwell we value a diverse and inclusive culture, where we attract, employ and develop a wide group of people who share our values and want to make a difference. We employ close to 700 employees and aim to create a workplace where everyone is included, treated fairly, respected and given the opportunity to be the best that they can be.
Our values – We care, We adapt and We deliver – are integral to Stanwell’s culture. They drive the expected behaviours of our people and influence how we engage with our customers, suppliers, partners and the local communities in which we operate.
About the position
Our Finance Graduate Program is designed to accelerate your career. Some of the highlights of this program include:
- Rotating across a variety of finance teams to make your skills more transferable and to find what areas of finance interest you most! Some of these teams include: Group Finance, Procurement and Supply as well as Tax and Treasury.
- Developing an understanding of a variety of systems used within our Finance department, such as: Power BI, Ellipse, Office365 and Concur.
- Being assigned meaningful tasks that will build your confidence and give you invaluable development opportunities. Some of the tasks may include: financial reporting, preparing business activity statements, settlement activities, end-to-end monthly accounting, developing risk models, tax compliance as well as assisting with tenders, negotiating supplier contracts and engaging with suppliers.
- Being mentored by senior leaders and specialists to broaden your knowledge and develop trusted relationships across our business.
- Travelling to our sites across Queensland to engage with key stakeholders and our geographically dispersed finance team.
Is this position for you?
To make a meaningful contribution to our team, you will need:
- A Bachelor Degree in a related field (Business, Accountancy, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Commerce or similar).
- A personable attitude with a desire to build relationships across our diverse workforce.
- An ability to handle and interpret numerical data.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for ongoing learning and development.
- Desire to rotate to a variety of areas within our finance team and gain a broad understanding of the field.
- Solid digital literacy skills, including the ability to adapt to new programs and systems.
What is in it for you?
- Be rewarded with above Award salary rates, supplemented by a competitive incentive scheme.
- Have access to professional memberships as well as an online learning management system to continually support your personal development.
- Take advantage of our discounted gym memberships and health insurance, voluntary health check reimbursements, confidential EAP service access and various other exciting health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Be supported throughout your program by our mentors and subject matter experts.
- Stanwell is a proud Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Pay Equity Ambassador.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:19th Jul 2020, 7:00 am