We are an energy business with a diversified portfolio of electricity generation facilities throughout Queensland. We are a major provider of electricity to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy users throughout Australia.
We are owned by the people of Queensland. Providing a secure, affordable and sustainable supply of energy for all Queenslanders is at the core of everything we do.
We recognise that a diverse, inclusive and safe business is essential to our culture and how we operate. We employ close to 700 employees and aim to create a workplace where everyone is included, treated fairly, respected and given the opportunity to be the best that they can be.
Our values – We care, We adapt and We deliver – are integral to Stanwell’s culture. They drive the expected behaviours of our people and influence how we engage with our customers, suppliers, partners and the local communities in which we operate.
About the position
Some of the highlights of this program include:
- Being part of the future of electricity generation as Stanwell investigates innovative and flexible plant operation models.
- Rotating across our sites (Stanwell Power Station, Tarong Power Station and Meandu Mine) and learning the ins and outs of our critical infrastructure.
- Investigating and making recommendations to correct and/or prevent plant failures and promote long term plant health.
- Being actively involved in the strategic planning of the Power Station and helping to balance improvement and maintenance costs with operational requirements.
- Utilising a variety of techniques to obtain and analyse plant health and performance data.
- Participating in regular catch ups with your mentor to build your professional skills as well as an understanding of engineering projects across the organisation.
Is this position for you?
To make a meaningful contribution to our team, you will need:
- Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering qualifications acceptable for Graduate Membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia.
- A personable attitude with a desire to build relationships across our diverse workforce.
- Well-developed analytical, research and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for ongoing learning and development.
- Solid digital literacy skills, including the ability to adapt to new systems.
What is in it for you?
- Be rewarded with above Award salary rates, supplemented by a generous incentive scheme.
- Have access to professional memberships as well as an online learning management system to continually support your development.
- Take advantage of our discounted gym memberships and health insurance, voluntary health check reimbursements, confidential EAP service access and various other exciting health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Be supported throughout your program by our mentors and subject matter experts.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Civil Structural, Engineering Mechanical
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:19th Jul 2020, 7:00 am